• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice and help on credit card optimization.

hemant89

TF Select
I have the following credit cards:

CardFeeslimit
SBI Simply Click500152000Downgraded from SBI Prime. No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Sbi Vistara Prime (Mastercard)300040000Mostly for all spending including rent payment
Axis Vistara signature3000455000Earlier this was used for most of the spending before shifting to SBI Vistara
IDFC credit cardLTF100000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Amazon ICICILTF1060000Use only for Amazon shopping
HDFC Millennia1000350000 (shared)Spends on Zomato, Swiggy, uber, and Ola. Waiver above 1L spending.
Indusind LegendLTF120000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Standard Chartered Smart500600000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Citi RewardsLTF519000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
HDFC tata neu infinityFYF350000 (shared)Recently got it, mainly grocery shopping from Big Basket and CC bill payment
Axis FlipkartLTF50000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Axis MyzoneLTF50000No use apart from swiggy discount
HSBC PlatinumLTF150000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Kotak Indian Oil Rupay450210000Fee waiver on 50000. Use it for other credit card bill payments
RBL ShopriteLTF326000No use. Converted from RBL Zomato

My expenses are around 60K - 70K per month
1. Tried to get LE on SBI Vistara but they denied it. Now thinking of closing Simply click and get the limit transferred to Vistara but not sure about it because Vistara is the Master variant. Should I keep the simple click?
2. I was thinking of closing Kotal India Rupay and going for either Union or PNB Rupay wellness selection. Is it good to get PSB CC or should I keep Kotak one?
3. I am thinking of stopping using Amazon and Flipkart CC and moving all Amazon and Flipkart expenses to Millenia. I am not sure how to optimize it more. Please let me if anyone has more suggestions.
4. I want to close the Axis Vistara signature card but now I am thinking to upgrade it to Vistara Infinite as I am looking for one premium card and the second reason is for Vistara Gold membership purposes. The reason being I travel a lot on domestic routes and Gold membership will be beneficial. But I am also looking for a CC with unlimited lounge access. I will not get HDFC DCB or Infinia as of now, so Axis Magnus looks like the remaining good option but I am not sure if I should apply for Axis Magnus due to the following reasons:
* My monthly will mostly never go to 1L per month (which I understood from various posts is the most beneficial milestone). Rarely it can go to 1LPM in 1 or 2 months. So even if I transfer all my spending to Magnus, still it will be beneficial or not? Also, in my monthly spending, my major expense is rent which is not considered for milestones (except for one trick).
* Recently they also removed Vistara from the point transfer (not sure if temporary or permanent). Considering these points should I go for Magnus with Axis infinity?

How should I optimize the card usage in a better way? All suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Closing all paid cards but one. That is the first step, in my opinion.
You are spending 8k a year in credit cards in the hope of utilising ang offers that come along. This 8k can be better spent (for eg: start a SIP).
Magnus currently is offering a voucher for 10k, so in effect you are paying GST which is 1200. You should be able to get back that money. However you have to find out if Magnus is what you want.
You can keep all free cards. No harm no foul.

I have the following credit cards:

CardFeeslimit
SBI Simply Click500152000Downgraded from SBI Prime. No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Sbi Vistara Prime (Mastercard)300040000Mostly for all spending including rent payment
Axis Vistara signature3000455000Earlier this was used for most of the spending before shifting to SBI Vistara
IDFC credit cardLTF100000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Amazon ICICILTF1060000Use only for Amazon shopping
HDFC Millennia1000350000 (shared)Spends on Zomato, Swiggy, uber, and Ola. Waiver above 1L spending.
Indusind LegendLTF120000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Standard Chartered Smart500600000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Citi RewardsLTF519000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
HDFC tata neu infinityFYF350000 (shared)Recently got it, mainly grocery shopping from Big Basket and CC bill payment
Axis FlipkartLTF50000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Axis MyzoneLTF50000No use apart from swiggy discount
HSBC PlatinumLTF150000No use apart from any specific offers and discounts
Kotak Indian Oil Rupay450210000Fee waiver on 50000. Use it for other credit card bill payments
RBL ShopriteLTF326000No use. Converted from RBL Zomato

My expenses are around 60K - 70K per month
1. Tried to get LE on SBI Vistara but they denied it. Now thinking of closing Simply click and get the limit transferred to Vistara but not sure about it because Vistara is the Master variant. Should I keep the simple click?
2. I was thinking of closing Kotal India Rupay and going for either Union or PNB Rupay wellness selection. Is it good to get PSB CC or should I keep Kotak one?
3. I am thinking of stopping using Amazon and Flipkart CC and moving all Amazon and Flipkart expenses to Millenia. I am not sure how to optimize it more. Please let me if anyone has more suggestions.
4. I want to close the Axis Vistara signature card but now I am thinking to upgrade it to Vistara Infinite as I am looking for one premium card and the second reason is for Vistara Gold membership purposes. The reason being I travel a lot on domestic routes and Gold membership will be beneficial. But I am also looking for a CC with unlimited lounge access. I will not get HDFC DCB or Infinia as of now, so Axis Magnus looks like the remaining good option but I am not sure if I should apply for Axis Magnus due to the following reasons:
* My monthly will mostly never go to 1L per month (which I understood from various posts is the most beneficial milestone). Rarely it can go to 1LPM in 1 or 2 months. So even if I transfer all my spending to Magnus, still it will be beneficial or not? Also, in my monthly spending, my major expense is rent which is not considered for milestones (except for one trick).
* Recently they also removed Vistara from the point transfer (not sure if temporary or permanent). Considering these points should I go for Magnus with Axis infinity?

How should I optimize the card usage in a better way? All suggestions are welcome.
Too many paid card. I am assuming you will have valid reasons for keeping them. Do you get waiver of annual fee based on spends for these?

Back