• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Credit Cards Against FD

Cebu

TF Premier
Need some suggestions for credit cards which can be issued against FD to build cibil of my son who just turned 18. Once he gets a card after 6-12 months, Will probably get more cards through C2C basis.
What are some of the best card that can be issued against FD. Any bank would do !

Need some suggestions for credit cards which can be issued against FD to build cibil of my son who just turned 18. Once he gets a card after 6-12 months, Will probably get more cards through C2C basis.
What are some of the best card that can be issued against FD. Any bank would do !
Kotak Dream Different CC. Try to book FD of more than 50k as most of the banks have this limit for C2C basis. 1L would be decent and any bank will offer C2C.

OneCard is not accepted by any bank as it does not mention credit limit of the card on its statement.

IDFC WoW is good, but Kotak generally offers limit enhancement on FD backed CC and it even returns the FD if the customer uses it wisely. I had 2 cards in my family, one card got limit enhancement and other card got upgraded to League Platinum with Limit Enhancement and FD was returned. The FD amount was 5k and 20k respectively.

How do we apply for FD card ? I guess it has to be done only through branch?
Kotak Dream Different CC. Try to book FD of more than 50k as most of the banks have this limit for C2C basis. 1L would be decent and any bank will offer C2C.

OneCard is not accepted by any bank as it does not mention credit limit of the card on its statement.

IDFC WoW is good, but Kotak generally offers limit enhancement on FD backed CC and it even returns the FD if the customer uses it wisely. I had 2 cards in my family, one card got limit enhancement and other card got upgraded to League Platinum with Limit Enhancement and FD was returned. The FD amount was 5k and 20k respectively.

I also have a Kotak Dream Different FD card for my brother. FD Amount is 90k & got 81k Limit On my card.

But after 4 5 months Credit Limit Increased to 2.02L

So can i get others bank credit card using C2C Method if yes which cards i can easily get?

I had 2 cards in my family, one card got limit enhancement and other card got upgraded to League Platinum with Limit Enhancement and FD was returned. The FD amount was 5k and 20k respectively.
What is the age of upgraded card?

I also want that Kotak Return My FD & Keep My Card Active because this is the card which has highest limit of 2.02L

I had ICICI Coral CC on FD of 50k, been a few years. After being on this forum came to know of secured and unsecured. To know better subscribed to CIBIL and its no where mentioned as secured. To verify I closed the FD without any problem. Don't know when the lien was removed.Probably clue lies in the increased CL. It is at present 3.6Lakhs. Not even actively used. So you too can look for such cards also. By the time your kid comes out of college he could have an unsecured card

How do we apply for FD card ? I guess it has to be done only through branch?
It can also be applied by app. But, not everyone is getting that option. There are giving giving more preference to 811 CC since that is chargeable.

But you can always apply by filling form on the website or by contacting customer care.

What is the age of upgraded card?

I also want that Kotak Return My FD & Keep My Card Active because this is the card which has highest limit of 2.02L
FD Card was of 1 Yr when upgraded, got League Platinum, after 3 months got LE, again after 2 months got upgrade option to PVR Platinum (didn't accept) then again after 1 month got Mojo Platinum. Now I have Mojo Platinum (Paid). Upgrades are usually paid.

It can also be applied by app. But, not everyone is getting that option. There are giving giving more preference to 811 CC since that is chargeable.

But you can always apply by filling form on the website or by contacting customer care.
Filled out the form on the website. Hoping to get this soon.

As @tnaveen suggested this could be another good option ( ICICI CC against FD).
After you open an FD in ICICI , after login to Netbanking and apply for CC against FD. The screen would look like this:

1688552958724.png

1688552730482.png

Last edited:
You did not mention the FD amount. For high end cards, you can get HDFC Infinia with an FD of 8-12 lakhs.

PNB Rupay Select

what I know is C2C only works if cc is reported as unsecured in cibil
Can someone please confirm?

I would say go for IDFC Wow(easiest card as you don’t have to open bank account & visit branch)/BOB
both of these are reported as unsecured.
Not sure but I think SBI cards are also reported as unsecured.
HDFC, Kotak, ICICI reports as secured.

Back