• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need feedback on my credit cards and next steps

Hello Friends
I have been holding HDFC Moneyback credit card(LTF) for last 9 years now. The limit is okaish, 390000 INR. And I also have a preferred banking salary account with HDFC.
Lately I started exploring the credit card options on the web, and realised how much I had been missing out with this stupid Moneyback credit card all along.
I reached out to HDFC and asked them to upgrade my credit card Millennia, but they declined upfront saying no upgrade is available for me. If I need Millennia I need to pay for it. I have credit score of 850+, and with the long relationship with HDFC I thought they will approve my request, but no and I am out of luck here.
I read some more, and came to know of Cashback SBI Card. But when I am applying for it, I am getting an error message saying 'It seems your another application is already in progress'. This is again my mistake because of my foolishness I applied for SimplySave Rupay Card. But just before the VKYC link could come, I realised how stupid SimplySave is. So I didn't complete the VKYC and may be that's why SBI is not allowing me to apply for cashback card. Phew!
I am feeling so stupid on myself.
I read more about cashback cards, and found Axis Ace could be the right one for me. I applied and Axis rejected my request because of their God knows what internal policies.
Well friends, I need your guidance now. What credit card should I get, which can benefit me more than this Moneyback card for my offline and online spends. I am not a lavish high spender. I am looking for a decent card which can give me benefits with minimum annual/joining charges.

Gaara

TF Ace
I have been holding HDFC Moneyback credit card(LTF) for last 9 years now
My Hero Football GIF by Manchester United

Tejo

TF Legend
I reached out to HDFC and asked them to upgrade my credit card Millennia, but they declined upfront saying no upgrade is available for me. If I need Millennia I need to pay for it.
What do you mean pay for it?

DFC card upgrades are meant based on limit+spends.

Manufacturing spends too considered.

Threaten them will close card + will shift to another bank. They will surely will upgrade the card.

sidp

TF Ace
I have credit score of 850+, and with the long relationship with HDFC I thought they will approve my request, but no and I am out of luck here.
You mean cibil or experian? 🤣
Both Magnus burgundy and money back are mb. We can't just say mb.

Like you mentioned hdfc mb, you should clarify which credit score?
A new record or just another day. 🤣🤣🤣

sidp

TF Ace
I am not a lavish high spender. I am looking for a decent card which can give me benefits with minimum annual/joining charges.
Contact sbi and ask them to close old lead/application. Saying you chose simply save instead of cashback by mistake. After they close, only then you can apply.

For axis you shouldn't apply ace/airtel axis as 1st card. They have lower approval rate. Better to get them when they are available as preapproved in axis app.

Apply offline any card you can get as ltf through c2c against hdfc card. You'll get better limit. Neo/myzone can be attained easily and after 3m you can upgrade card.

Try if you can get privilege or select as ltf but know that agents might make tall promise to meet their target. Keep proof that they promised ltf. Else you'll be stuck with paid card.
Get a icici apay cc in same c2c method

Riya

TF Ace
Hello Friends
I have been holding HDFC Moneyback credit card(LTF) for last 9 years now. The limit is okaish, 390000 INR. And I also have a preferred banking salary account with HDFC.
Lately I started exploring the credit card options on the web, and realised how much I had been missing out with this stupid Moneyback credit card all along.
I reached out to HDFC and asked them to upgrade my credit card Millennia, but they declined upfront saying no upgrade is available for me. If I need Millennia I need to pay for it. I have credit score of 850+, and with the long relationship with HDFC I thought they will approve my request, but no and I am out of luck here.
I read some more, and came to know of Cashback SBI Card. But when I am applying for it, I am getting an error message saying 'It seems your another application is already in progress'. This is again my mistake because of my foolishness I applied for SimplySave Rupay Card. But just before the VKYC link could come, I realised how stupid SimplySave is. So I didn't complete the VKYC and may be that's why SBI is not allowing me to apply for cashback card. Phew!
I read more about cashback cards, and found Axis Ace could be the right one for me. I applied and Axis rejected my request because of their God knows what internal policies.
Well friends, I need your guidance now. What credit card should I get, which can benefit me more than this Moneyback card for my offline and online spends. I am not a lavish high spender. I am looking for a decent card which can give me benefits with minimum annual/joining charges.
850+ cibil ????

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Hello Friends
Once you receive HDFC card there wouldn't be any upgrade offer for your till you reached some higher spend history in last few months. So do some higher spend if you want to upgrade.

You can cancel your lst application in SBI by email to nodal desk but if depends on person who handles your case in nodal desk . If you didn't get sucess then wait for 3 months you application automatically rejected and after that you can apply again.

Axis Bank approval policy is quite different than others. One thing can you do, don't enquiry for 6 months for any credit and maintain your credit utilisation below 10%.

bhauka11

TF Buzz
Hello Friends
I think u would be eligible for Millennia CC just on the basis of ur Salary account with HDFC.. That too LTF..
U can threaten them that you'll move ur salary account elsewhere and I'm sure they'll oblige

Au bank lit card is also good in terms of cashback but it's up you that how you use it
Hello Friends