• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help from Magnus/Reserve or other Super Premium Card holders (optional)

AsB

TF Legend
Recently, I got Axis Ace as 2nd pre-approved credit card. I wanted this card, for (mostly) Offline Purchases, with lower annual charges (upto Rs 600/- for me) along with my RuPay HDFC Card. I also tried to add this on Google Pay to be able to use it for upto Rs 5k.

However, I could not register it on Google Pay. So, I called customer care, and asked them the problem. They said that it has been put under hold, for only some new cards, and will be activated within a few weeks. However, all offline purchases can be done. I was frustrated, and told them to cancel this card, as there was no assurance that I will be able to use this card at all from GPay or they may close the card without much reason, as a confirmed date was not given to me.

To that, I was transferred to the Senior Department. He told, rather than cancelling the card, they can reduce the spend based waiver from Rs 2,00,000 to Rs 1,60,000. I wanted them to go lower. But, they said that it is system tracked, and they cannot do that. Only those who hold a very high variant card, or have high TRV with the bank can go lower, but again, only if it is approved by the system. Some super-premium bank customers can also get this card for Unconditional LTF, but they need to approach their RM.

The spend based waiver to Rs 1,60,000 is for everyone. If you have never tried this, just ask to transfer the call to the senior department and ask them that you want reduced spend based waiver.

• However, can someone who holds a premium card and/or a Burgundy Account try to get a lower spend based waiver? I want this just so we can confirm this information.

Also,
  • if I get an add-on card for my cousin, and we both spend from those cards, will that be counted towards spend based waiver?

Back