• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help in identifying Data reported on CIBIL report

Riva

TF Premier
What is the data updated for closed cards on CIBIL?

AXIS Card:
I was issued an Axis card without my knowledge in 2016 when my company opened my salary account. The account opening agent from Axis, forged my signature and got a credit card approved for myself. I got to know this only when i received the SMS for the credit card dispatch. I called Axis and they later confirmed that the card was issued by fraud and they closed the card in 2016 itself. I did not activate the card.
Now my CIBIL shows the date closed for this Axis card as as 8/8/2022, where as my physical card has an expiry date of 03/19. The date reported and certified on CIBIL shows as 31/10/2022. Payment Start date is 01/11/2019 and Payment End date is 01/10/2022. Also the number of this card does not match with my Axis physical card that i have and the first 6 digits are 124000, which is not a BIN number for India cards AFAIK. My Citibank card which is still active, now shows as Axis card on CIBIL and shows the correct card number in full.

Question: Could the card have been misused, or not actually closed in 2016 when Axis customer support told me over the phone? Is that why data closed shows as 8/8/2022? Also what is the card number reported for the closed card?

SCB Card:
I had also closed 2 of my SCB cards in 2020/2021 with SCB. One was a paid Manhattan card and the other was a DigiSmart Card.
My CIBIL report only shows 1 SCB card, and the (BIN) number for that shows as 339938 and does not match with ether of my closed SCB cards. The last date of payment shows as 14/05/2021, which could be correct, but the Date reported and Certified is 30/06/2023. The payment start date is 1/07/2020 and payment end date is 01/06/2023.

Question: What does any of these dates above mean? Does this mean the card is active as per CIBIL? A credit limit of 312000 shows for this card. Also the card number reported is not the same as any of my SCB cards that i closed.

Looking forward to inputs from experts on this by their experience.

D₹V

TF Prestige
They might have forgotten to report your account closed to CIBIL/credit bureaus.

They might have reviewed accounts at a later time & marked it closed in 2022.

I don't think if there is anything to worry.

The number you're asking is Credit Card account number, not the actual card number. Card number keeps changing but credit card account number remains same, over the years.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
What is the data updated for closed cards on CIBIL?

AXIS Card:
I was issued an Axis card without my knowledge in 2016 when my company opened my salary account. The account opening agent from Axis, forged my signature and got a credit card approved for myself. I got to know this only when i received the SMS for the credit card dispatch. I called Axis and they later confirmed that the card was issued by fraud and they closed the card in 2016 itself. I did not activate the card.
Now my CIBIL shows the date closed for this Axis card as as 8/8/2022, where as my physical card has an expiry date of 03/19. The date reported and certified on CIBIL shows as 31/10/2022. Payment Start date is 01/11/2019 and Payment End date is 01/10/2022. Also the number of this card does not match with my Axis physical card that i have and the first 6 digits are 124000, which is not a BIN number for India cards AFAIK. My Citibank card which is still active, now shows as Axis card on CIBIL and shows the correct card number in full.

Question: Could the card have been misused, or not actually closed in 2016 when Axis customer support told me over the phone? Is that why data closed shows as 8/8/2022? Also what is the card number reported for the closed card?

SCB Card:
I had also closed 2 of my SCB cards in 2020/2021 with SCB. One was a paid Manhattan card and the other was a DigiSmart Card.
My CIBIL report only shows 1 SCB card, and the (BIN) number for that shows as 339938 and does not match with ether of my closed SCB cards. The last date of payment shows as 14/05/2021, which could be correct, but the Date reported and Certified is 30/06/2023. The payment start date is 1/07/2020 and payment end date is 01/06/2023.

Question: What does any of these dates above mean? Does this mean the card is active as per CIBIL? A credit limit of 312000 shows for this card. Also the card number reported is not the same as any of my SCB cards that i closed.

Looking forward to inputs from experts on this by their experience.
1)As @D₹V mentioned, its the account number that is being reported to agencies in your case...
2) If there is a date mentioned in the "Closing Date" column, then the card is closed.
3) Please share screenshots of the above account information from CIBIL to better understand and give you appropriate opinion. Hide all sensitive data.

Riva

TF Premier
OK, what @D₹V says makes sense.

I have dropped an email to SCB support seeking clarification. Lets see what they say.
Refer screenshots below.

Also if the Axis card was not activated and was issued by forgery, can i have it removed? Will Axis remove it and will it affect my Cibil Score if removed?

Current score is 808 on Cibil.

Edit: SCB card has no closing date.. does that mean the card is active?

1691574733217.png

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
OK, what @D₹V says makes sense.

I have dropped an email to SCB support seeking clarification. Lets see what they say.
Refer screenshots below.

Also if the Axis card was not activated and was issued by forgery, can i have it removed? Will Axis remove it and will it affect my Cibil Score if removed?

Current score is 808 on Cibil.

Edit: SCB card has no closing date.. does that mean the card is active?

1691574733217.png

With your , AXIS card , there is no problem.. Its all good. the is equivalent to card in active.. as high credit 0 means, you never used it.
If you see in the dashboard page, in closed account there will be 1..

Regarding SCB , it is still open and active . the last time they reported was on 30/06, which is very recent.. This indicateds that the card was never closed.. Chase them up

Riva

TF Premier
With your , AXIS card , there is no problem.. Its all good. the is equivalent to card in active.. as high credit 0 means, you never used it.
If you see in the dashboard page, in closed account there will be 1..

Regarding SCB , it is still open and active . the last time they reported was on 30/06, which is very recent.. This indicateds that the card was never closed.. Chase them up

Right, that was one of the points i was concerned about. last reported date is just last month.

SCB customer care on call confirmed today that both my scb cards are closed. Awaiting a reply from cardservices now.