• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help - Kotak bank is harassing my old age mother who is cancer & kidney patient

Hi all,

My Mother has bank account with Kotak Bank. She is Cancer & Kidney Patient and most of times she is on rest. She has a personal mobile which she uses to talk with relatives in free time. But Kotak Bank is not letting her live in peace. They keep on calling her for credit card all the time even 4-5 times in a day. She has told politely to them many times that she doesnt want card still they keep on calling her.

I even threatened them over call but these shameless creatures are still calling her. I even dropped email to CEO Uday Kotak but still bank people aren't stopping the calls.

Please guide me what can I do in this case. I want to make a strong case against the bank so that they dont dare to call or disturb anyone again.

It would be from paisabazaar or bankbazar. They are just like dog ticks which don't go away easily. I've also written many times to unsubscribe from calling list but they don't budge

No its directly from the bank. They are calling from Kotak Bank's Landline number
Change number to yours and ask them all details & benefits of the card and say I will call again in few minutes(don't call), check benefits of that card and next time tell them disadvantages (they will argue & will tell wrong benefits, at that you should know every detail), so play cleverly & calmly.😀

Or simply take card and close it.

Hi all,

My Mother has bank account with Kotak Bank. She is Cancer & Kidney Patient and most of times she is on rest. She has a personal mobile which she uses to talk with relatives in free time. But Kotak Bank is not letting her live in peace. They keep on calling her for credit card all the time even 4-5 times in a day. She has told politely to them many times that she doesnt want card still they keep on calling her.

I even threatened them over call but these shameless creatures are still calling her. I even dropped email to CEO Uday Kotak but still bank people aren't stopping the calls.

Please guide me what can I do in this case. I want to make a strong case against the bank so that they dont dare to call or disturb anyone again.
1. i would suggest truecaller to add these numbers to blocklist. it can block known spam callers and each time you receive a new spam call, you can add that to your blocklist. it has helped me a lot although not 100%.
2. if the phone is android, there is a feature in call settings where you will receive calls only from contacts which are saved in the phone. one downside is that even calls from delivery boys will be blocked so you need to take care of that. you can also add the number to blocklist without Truecaller, but truecaller is just easier. no idea if such features exist in iphone, or non-smartphones.
3. try RBI ombudsman portal. i am not sure if there is an option for this thing but try and find any complaint category under marketing and offers.
4. some banks on their website have DND feature in which you need to register. try to find and enroll in that.
even i haven't found the perfect solution for these calls but we can minimize these calls by 1 and 2.

* closing the bank account wont help, they will still keep calling.
** buying the card hoping that they would stop calling aslo wont help. banks marketing teams are extremely aggressive. so dont take these extreme measures to avoid the calls.

Last edited:
Hi all,

call kotak pno and ask them to put your no. on dnd

Hi all,

Mail to RBI about its and also banking ombudsman

Back