• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help of a Sebi Registered Chartered accountant.

NikTravelEnthusiast

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Please DM if anybody is a CA.

I have to file income tax for AY 2024-25. I asked couple of CA, but didn't got satisfoctory answers.

I earn professional income,for which I file ITR -4, under presumtive income. But last FY , I sold few mutual funds and then reinvested in other funds.So , I want the clarification about few doubts.
1. I dont know where to submit capital gains in ITR -4.
2. My limited knowledge tells me that capital gains has to be filled in ITR 2. But then I cant take a benefit of presumptive income.
3. I can submit two seperate ITR forms i.e. ITR 4 for professional income and ITR 2 for capital gains?
4. Should I file ITR 4, and add my capital gains in 'income from other source'.

Please guide me.

Thank you.

You have to use ITR3
It has option to show business income under presumptive section and capital gains as well.
ITR2 doesn't have Business Income option, so you can't use that

Please DM if anybody is a CA.

I have to file income tax for AY 2024-25. I asked couple of CA, but didn't got satisfoctory answers.

I earn professional income,for which I file ITR -4, under presumtive income. But last FY , I sold few mutual funds and then reinvested in other funds.So , I want the clarification about few doubts.
1. I dont know where to submit capital gains in ITR -4.
2. My limited knowledge tells me that capital gains has to be filled in ITR 2. But then I cant take a benefit of presumptive income.
3. I can submit two seperate ITR forms i.e. ITR 4 for professional income and ITR 2 for capital gains?
4. Should I file ITR 4, and add my capital gains in 'income from other source'.

Please guide me.

Thank you.
You need to submit ITR-3, It covers everything mentioned in ITR-1, ITR-2, ITR-4.
DM me if you need CA details.

Back