• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help on SBI CC missed bill payment

NikhilM

TF Neo
Hi Guys
This is my first post in TF.
My dad applied SBI Simply Click CC in October 2023 and didn’t tell me. He didn’t know of annual fees back then.
SBI billed 500+gst in November statement and that has become 4k+ now with interest and late payment.

My dad has a good CIBIL and holds premium cards like IdFc wealth and HDFC DCB. I don’t want to impact his CIBiL score

Please suggest best course of action now. Can I somehow cancel this Cc without paying bill and without CIBIL hit?
Pls help.

100Rabh_negi

TF Premier
Please suggest best course of action now. Can I somehow cancel this Cc without paying bill and without CIBIL hit?
I would suggest talk to customer care via phone/email(preferred) and try to convince them for a partial waiver and try to pay at earliest so that Cibil doesnt take further hit. Since its their own charge they should be able to waive of ~ 50% or may provide you some rewards points as a compensation. Also talk to them if it is possible to remove/reduce no of missed payments updates in cibil ( less likely). Let us know what comes out of your discussion. All the best.

Gaara

TF Ace
Hi Guys
My dad applied SBI Simply Click CC in October 2023 and didn’t tell me. He didn’t know of annual fees back then.
SBI billed 500+gst in November statement and that has become 4k+ now with interest and late payment.

My dad has a good CIBIL and holds premium cards like IdFc wealth and HDFC DCB. I don’t want to impact his CIBiL score

Pls help.
Call up SBI Card Helpline (1860 500 1290 or 1800 180 1290). Get all the details—outstanding dues, interest, and late payment charges.

Negotiate, politely explain the situation. Ask if they can waive off the late payment charges. (I had worst experience with SBI costumer care that's the I hesitate to take SBI cards)
As its already 3 months from the late payment it could have hit the cibil already.

Posibility: If you miss a payment for 30 days
1709526598161.png
Posibility: if you missed for 60 days
1709526694534.png

Posibility: If you missed for 90 days

1709526729515.png

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi Guys

Pls help.
If you have take cc ? How come u were so unaware..after Card delivered
Alright comin to question

If you didn't do any transaction post card delivery . Then you can play genuine case of i was not aware .
But if u have done transaction even of 2 rs ..you can't play .

Start by writing sbi cards to Twitter/X .
Then email to Nodal officer at sbi cards.

Telling them u thought if you don't do any transaction on card in 30 days it will get deactivated but now u see tons of late fees etc etc on joining charges & u want to close the card & put a case of sbi card even after no financial transactions of card post delivery of card & even after 30 days it's active more over charges are deducted

That victim card remains your only choice i guess

sidp

TF Ace
Pls help.
1st pay the bill in full asap. Then you can negotiate.
Try to get interest waiverd. You can give some excuse like I was told its fyf or I didn't get transaction mail/msg. Banks are supposed to notify when they add jf but they don't. So try to use that. Appeal that you have a good credit history. And as a gesture of good will ask to consider your situation.

From oct he hasn't done any transactions?

If you are lucky, you ll get some money back.

deep@vie

TF Legend
Hi Guys

Pls help.
I might sound rude here but as per my experience SBIcards not going to oblige, these are one of the worst when it comes to oblige for DPD or late payment remark.
The only thing that can save you is if you haven't made a transaction or haven't activated it either, in that case you can write to RBI Ombudsman, they'll direct the SBIcards to close/cancel the card & remove all the late payment marks as card was not activated by Customer.
If that's not the case,you're at their pity & I don't expect anything from them.
All the best mate.