• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help to get a HDFC Card?

R1379

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

I'm seeking some advice regarding my ongoing difficulty with obtaining a credit card from HDFC. Despite having a CIBIL score of over 785 and holding credit cards with the highest limits from almost all major banks, my applications to HDFC continue to be rejected.

I maintain an Imperial Savings Bank account with HDFC and reside in Bangalore. Over the past year, I’ve attempted to apply four times—three times last year and once this year—always for pre-approved offers, but each time my application has been rejected.

Approximately a decade ago, I had an issue with a two-wheeler loan that I was unable to repay as agreed. I have since settled all dues, including interest and penalties, and the account is now closed. I suspect this past issue may be affecting my current applications, leading to immediate rejections.

My Relationship Manager has been unhelpful despite multiple discussions on this matter. I’ve recently seen three new pre-approved cards (Swiggy, IOCL, and Dinner Club Privilege) but am hesitant to apply, fearing another rejection.

Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

If you really need a Hdfc Card go for Fd based One, as you mentioned imperial savings account i don’t think maintaining a Fd will be a problem for you. Or Apply with Another Phone Number(Not linked with your Hdfc bank). As you’re applying with different phone number use conventional method like applying via hdfc site, vkyc office & home verification not pre approved offers(this worked for me, they used to reject my applications for years one fine morning i applied with another number voila i got the card then i changed the number to my usual number registered with Hdfc).
Or i am assuming you’re married so Apply a card via wife’s details then get a Add On Card. As You said Your RM is useless try abovemethods. I recommend applying with different number it has good success rate(worked for many in my circle) if you already tried this only Fd Card is the Option

Last edited:
Welcome to club. They reject me for absolutely no reason (that i could found).

Was 2 wheeler loan issue with HDFC?

Try applying through RM. If RM not helping, check to change RM.
Yes..the loan was from HDFC. 14-15 its completely closed..i paid almost 3 times of the loan as interest and penalties and it shows as closed in CIBIL not as settled.
Changing of RM…i need to find the way how to do that…

If you really need a Hdfc Card go for Fd based One, as you mentioned imperial savings account i don’t think maintaining a Fd will be a problem for you. Or Apply with Another Phone Number(Not linked with your Hdfc bank). As you’re applying with different phone number use conventional method like applying via hdfc site, vkyc office & home verification not pre approved offers(this worked for me, they used to reject my applications for years one fine morning i applied with another number voila i got the card then i changed the number to my usual number registered with Hdfc).
Or i am assuming you’re married so Apply a card via wife’s details then get a Add On Card. As You said Your RM is useless try abovemethods. I recommend applying with different number it has good success rate(worked for many in my circle) if you already tried this only Fd Card is the Option
I have some FD already with them..but somewhere i have read that once u get a secure card then it’s difficult further to get a unsecured card..I suspect the application process goes through some kind of automation process where it gets rejected automatically due to the previous negative points of CIBIL.. I guess if someone check it manually…then it might go for the next steps…

I have some FD already with them..but somewhere i have read that once u get a secure card then it’s difficult further to get a unsecured card..I suspect the application process goes through some kind of automation process where it gets rejected automatically due to the previous negative points of CIBIL.. I guess if someone check it manually…then it might go for the next steps…
That’s why i said if you really need it then go for Fd One. Try This applying from another number method also it may work

Back