• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help with Bali & Maldives flight booking

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
Hello Team,

I've only used points to book flights to Singapore and Germany, and the process has always been simple with smartbuy.

I'm looking into revenue booking, and round trip economy flights to Bali cost around 30-35K in April, and around 20-30K in May. Instead, I'm going to burn pts this time, but I'm not sure where to look.

Can anyone advise me on which FFP to use? Bali flights I'm looking mostly in the last week of April and are flexible with the Maldives in the month of May. Origin is Mumbai btw.

PS -
  1. I have around 86k regalia points in one account and 22k in another. Is it possible for me to combine those? & use smartbuy to book?
  2. Have approximately 60K Magnus points and 50K Amex points.
Any help appreciated, Thanks!!

Hello Team,

I've only used points to book flights to Singapore and Germany, and the process has always been simple with smartbuy.

I'm looking into revenue booking, and round trip economy flights to Bali cost around 30-35K in April, and around 20-30K in May. Instead, I'm going to burn pts this time, but I'm not sure where to look.

Can anyone advise me on which FFP to use? Bali flights I'm looking mostly in the last week of April and are flexible with the Maldives in the month of May. Origin is Mumbai btw.

PS -
  1. I have around 86k regalia points in one account and 22k in another. Is it possible for me to combine those? & use smartbuy to book?
  2. Have approximately 60K Magnus points and 50K Amex points.
Any help appreciated, Thanks!!
BOM-DPS goes for 40k miles per person return. Try if you can manage that.

I found these. These are just miles calculation (maybe except for United). Award seats availability you will have to check yourself.
For DPS Bali -
Option 1 - Krisflyer miles calculator shows 40k points for return.
Option 2 - United shows 30k points for BOM-DPS (Apr 23) and 25k points for DPS-BOM (Apr 30) via Thai Airways. Total 55k points
Option 3 - Thai Airways Awards page shows 17.5k miles for India (to Thailand) and 17.5k miles for Indonesia. So Return Trip - 70k points

For Maldives
1 - BOM-MLE via Vistara is 20k point for a round trip

I found these. These are just miles calculation (maybe except for United). Award seats availability you will have to check yourself.
For DPS Bali -
Option 2 - United shows 30k points for BOM-DPS (Apr 23) and 25k points for DPS-BOM (Apr 30) via Thai Airways. Total 55k points
Option 3 - Thai Airways Awards page shows 17.5k miles for India (to Thailand) and 17.5k miles for Indonesia. So Return Trip - 70k points

For Maldives
Thanks this helps

Today I remembered about someone had mentioned in this forum about AwardHacker where you can look up miles required for different destinations. You can check out that also.
Here are your 2 searches - I have limited the Frequent Flyer Programs to those available via Axis & HDFC
Thank you buddy for taking time & looking into these. Much appreciated will check more into awardhacker:)

For DPS Bali -

For Maldives
Was checking the Mumbai-Male. The cost comes around 18-20K for tickets 2 months ahead.
And taxes in that is around 7-8K.
So 20K Vistara points are redeemed only for approx. 10-12K rupees & we still have to pay 7-8K out of our pockets.
The tax component is huge for Male tickets

Today I remembered about someone had mentioned in this forum about AwardHacker where you can look up miles required for different destinations. You can check out that also.
Here are your 2 searches - I have limited the Frequent Flyer Programs to those available via Axis & HDFC
Point.me is a better site with actual availability. But the issue is that it is a paid site. I have managed one month subscription with $1. It is worth if you have a travel plan immediately using points.

Back