• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Help with E-mandate on Debit Card

rounakr94

TF Buzz
Help Needed.
I had a Youtube E-Mandate on my SBI Debit card for ₹189.00.
I cancelled the YT subscription as I had some freebie coupons for the same subscription on another account but the E-Mandate on my debit card didn't go away and still shows as active till Dec 2033.
IMG_20240329_175655.jpg

I tried deleting the e-mandate via SI Hub and SBI INB but neither worked.
Any idea if money will be deducted by bank even if subscription is inactive? Google Subscriptions shows that no subscription is active.
IMG_20240329_175642.jpg

SI hub can have technical issues. In general, the payment is requested by Google / YouTube and then the request is fulfilled by the bank. Since, Google / YouTube won't request any further payments, you needn't worry about the e-mandate being active.

SI hub can have technical issues. In general, the payment is requested by Google / YouTube and then the request is fulfilled by the bank. Since, Google / YouTube won't request any further payments, you needn't worry about the e-mandate being active.
Thanks a lot. I hope what you said is true.

So the E-Mandate is just an authorisation that if money is requested by the merchant with same SIHub ID then only it will be debited?

Last edited:
So the E-Mandate is just an authorisation that if money is requested by the merchant with same SIHub ID then only it will be debited?

Correct.

There are two types of mandates. Pull mandate. Push mandate.

In a pull mandate, otherwise called merchant initiated mandate (or standing instruction), the payment is requested by the merchant (here Google / YouTube). LIC e-NACH mandate is another example. Most EMIs and loans work in this way too. Payment for EMI is requested, then the bank checks for any active mandates before releasing the payment.

In a push mandate, for example, in a scheduled NEFT transaction, the payment is initiated by the bank. If the other side (merchant or P2P user) changed the bank details for some reason, the payment is returned to the source. This is also known as user-initiated mandate (or standing instruction). A classic example is the salary credits in public sector (and in some private sector companies) where the payment is initiated by the bank to settle the salaries to pre-defined list of employees.

If you ever subscribe to YouTube again, you'll see a new mandate ID in SI hub. I've had your issue multiple times with multiple vendors / merchants on SI hub. I clean the SI hub entries once a year. At times, I can't even remove an entry due to some technical issue within SI hub.

Back