• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help with HDFC account upgrade process.

Dr-green69

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I am currently using the HDFC Savings Max Account and I wanted to upgrade it to the Preferred Account. On May 24th, I visited the bank to submit an upgrade request and also open a new account for my brother. While applying for the new account, the bank agent informed me that he would add my brother's account and upgrade both accounts to Preferred, with a minimum balance requirement of 25,000 INR for my brother. I agreed and submitted the necessary forms.

However, when I inquired about the time it would take to process the upgrade, the agent informed me that he would initiate the upgrade request only after my brother's account was successfully opened. Now, after one week and multiple calls, as well as a few visits to the branch manager, my brother's account is active, but the agent has not yet processed my upgrade request. When I asked him for an estimated timeline, he mentioned that it would take around two weeks as he needs to request the upgrade from the head office.

I'm unsure whether the agent is deliberately holding my request or if it genuinely takes two to three weeks for the upgrade process. Could you please provide some guidance on how I can expedite this process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dude, when you are inside the branch, ask any employee or get redirected to the right counter for an account upgrade form, fill in the details and ask them to process your request. Where is this agent coming from? Are you confusing a branch employee with an agent given that you visited the branch?

When you are directly speaking to the branch manager, why are you relying on somebody else? Does the branch manager know you have asked for an upgrade request?

Dude, when you are inside the branch, ask any employee or get redirected to the right counter for an account upgrade form, fill in the details and ask them to process your request. Where is this agent coming from? Are you confusing a branch employee with an agent given that you visited the branch?

When you are directly speaking to the branch manager, why are you relying on somebody else? Does the branch manager know you have asked for an upgrade request?
I wrote agent instead of employee his a bank employee i fill the upgrade form signed the document and gave it to bank employee now at that time he told me it will ne processed after my brothers acc is opened but even after my brothers acc is opened his not processing my request. I visited branch manager regarding acc upgrade so he told me he will get back to me now its been 4 days his not receiving my call nor replying to my emails

I wrote agent instead of employee his a bank employee i fill the upgrade form signed the document and gave it to bank employee now at that time he told me it will ne processed after my brothers acc is opened but even after my brothers acc is opened his not processing my request. I visited branch manager regarding acc upgrade so he told me he will get back to me now its been 4 days his not receiving my call nor replying to my emails
Tell them you'll you'll take your business to another branch. They'll heed to your request.

Back