• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestions on bank and phone number

Here is the thing

I have multiple Bank accounts to manage lots of things, like rent, investment, house expenses from time I'm in college. Now as my parents are more proper, they started managing rent etc. my dad has 5 credit cards before he was no into credit cards.

Is it better to keep savings account or use an current account. Now I only do investment and preferred axis as it has no limits on transactions online

I have one number for everything and gets lots of calls especially loans.

Now what I want to ask is
Shall I change the my bank account number to some other number. This means I have to share my second personal number to everyone. This number is only known to few people close to me

Or shall I change only main accounts which is linked to my investments as it gets high volume transactions and my demat accounts to an another number. Shall I shift all investment related into another number. Now this is again an problem like I have shift Paytm to new number as I hold significant mutual funds in Paytm on behalf of my parents.

Even ind money etc I have to change.

Now another problem is banks like HDFC , ICICI, gives my number to third party through which my number will be give to other's and scam and fraud calls again it will start.

As I have Android, I can clone gpay and bhim for my other number.

I can't put dnd also because it will block customer care calls.

See this Truecaller. At least 30 calls and 5 WhatsApp every day

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-31-12-39-58-509_com.truecaller-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-31-12-39-58-509_com.truecaller-edit.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_2023-12-31-12-39-43-676_com.truecaller-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-31-12-39-43-676_com.truecaller-edit.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 27

helloworld

TF Legend
Some things that I understand.. Correct me

1. You have multiple bank accounts for various purposes // which ideal case only 3 accounts sufficient for everyone, so if possible close all and keep three (Ref.1)

2. All banks linked to one number and you're getting spam calls on that number. // to simplify things: your number already shared with all, so even if you changed it won't delete in their systems.

3. You want to change mobile number, so you thought you'll get less spam calls. // unless you don't want to pick calls from this number, if you change now both numbers shared and you'll get calls from both numbers.

4. Or you want to change bank account, so you thought you'll get less spam calls based on linked number. // again, your number already shared with everyone, so whoever spamming you they still have your numer not bank account.

-------

start blocking calls one by one (since you already using Truecaller, I think it mostlly do that).

since you don't want to enable DND, DND app not useful to you. // Curious, what exactly you thoght or hope getting from those customer care calls, because you said you need them.

You have to block them, that is the only way or enable DND.. otherwise those calls keep on coming as long as that number active, no matter how many numbers or accounts you changed.

1. You have multiple bank accounts for various purposes // which ideal case only 3 accounts sufficient for everyone, so if possible close all and keep three (Ref.1)

2. All banks linked to one number and you're getting spam calls on that number. // to simplify things: your number already shared with all, so even if you changed it won't delete in their systems.

3. You want to change mobile number, so you thought you'll get less spam calls. // unless you don't want to pick calls from this number, if you change now both numbers shared and you'll get calls from both numbers.

4. Or you want to change bank account, so you thought you'll get less spam calls based on linked number. // again, your number already shared with everyone, so whoever spamming you they still have your numer not bank account.

-------

start blocking calls one by one (since you already using Truecaller, I think it mostlly do that).

since you don't want to enable DND, DND app not useful to you. // Curious, what exactly you thoght or hope getting from those customer care calls, because you said you need them.

You have to block them, that is the only way or enable DND.. otherwise those calls keep on coming as long as that number active, no matter how many numbers or accounts you changed.
I'm 23 year old......I do have lots of bank accounts.....one is i used to handle rent,
And even now I handle insurance and House expense of my house. .....as my parents r not so interested in credit card.....it took me lots of efforts to get 4 cards for my dad........then I handle expenses of my friends

And I'm active investors and I apply IPOs in 7 different people.......so I created different accounts so I can sort it than spending hours segregation of transactions......it's was a lot of difficult task to do it.
So now, different account for different usage....I use khatabook , cashbook for maintaining of payments.....excel for credit card...and Leo to give detailed house expenses in each category statment to my parents.

Kotak ace- main account will be my salary account
Kotak 811 - need to close, no use now. I had given request but they didn't close it.

Jupiter - everyday normal spending.

Paytm and Airtel payments bank- need to close.
As I'm using Jupiter

Fi- spends for travel, group spending.

Equitas- used to send cash for my friends who r brother for regular expenses who was away from family.
No use...need to close soon.

DBS- one of old account.....kept it like this because after few years have plan to go to Singapore for studies. Now I keeping my investment profits in this

IDFC- for FD .... behalf of my parents when I handled rent income on behalf of my father.

ICICI - ipo and investment related ( I apply in my friends acc so I transfer to my friends, as transaction limit is very high). ELSE I WOULDN'T OPEN IT
HDFC, AXIS - linked with my various demat accounts. I hold huge trading. Reason they have huge transaction limit and my turnover of short term and long term run into tens of lakhs. So dfc told convert into current account... that's why I opened axis to split it.
BOB - initially took it for education loan. Now government bonds and above 1 lakh bonds. Investments in grip. Etc
IDBI- linked with my demat.... useless now as it's one of old account and now I opened axis and HDFC.

AU bank- opened just for LIT card and I didn't get even after 3rd application. Was rejected 1st time due to kyc and details mismatch in cibil. now I use to get cash from parents , as I handle all house and parents expenses, so I kept seperate account.

Fincare - don't know why I opened. My cousin forced me as he used to intern as sales there😂😂. Now I use to get cash and split bills from friends. I order a lot for my friends who r like my brother's using my HDFC swiggy, Amazon....so they send a lot of people, it will come to this....at least 100 transactions per month.

SBI- 2nd bank I opened and it's because of college hostel. They forced me. Have loan

Then I had SBM from vested. ..but I'm using vested a lot.

One through ind money, IND money for mistake. SBM through niyo global I guess

Requested for post office savings bank for there good insurance.

Give me guidence if I have to change any account and also to sort my accounts. If I get guidance and info it will be better

-------

Customer care means RM. I had put DND ....and I didn't get my debit n credit SMS and calls from RM in Kotak, axis

Then even calls from my demat account RM.

I wanted to seperate numbers is because of fraud calls. Truecaller has feature to block all calls unknown and numbers not in contact list.

Since my bank account have heavy transactions ( amount is small but debit and credit makes it huge volume).... investment related is spread across many accounts.

helloworld

TF Legend
do follow this approach, and let me know any drawbacks by following this method, will update or clarify accordingly..

helloworld

TF Legend
Customer care means RM. I had put DND ....and I didn't get my debit n credit SMS and calls from RM in Kotak, axis

Then even calls from my demat account RM.

I wanted to seperate numbers is because of fraud calls. Truecaller has feature to block all calls unknown and numbers not in contact list.

Since my bank account have heavy transactions ( amount is small but debit and credit makes it huge volume).... investment related is spread across many accounts.

not true, DND doesn't block mandatory bank transaction SMS or calls there is a clause for that.

Do check with your RM about the actual issue, its not related to DND.

Note: If they actually not calling you, then also you won't get any calls.

not true, DND doesn't block mandatory bank transaction SMS or calls there is a clause for that.

Do check with your RM about the actual issue, its not related to DND.

Note: If they actually not calling you, then also you won't get any calls.
They blamed it on DND.

I went to bank also.
Let me verify in other bank and I will not mention I have DND

do follow this approach, and let me know any drawbacks by following this method, will update or clarify accordingly..

This approach is good but frankly since I need to seperate accounts

I also need to spread my investments as I'm active investor and each bank has

But since I do investment, handle parents money like rent. I really need to seperate accounts so income tax and monitoring is easy.

I get lots of cash from friends, parents need to seperate both accounts.

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I'm 23 year old......I do have lots of bank accounts.....one is i used to handle rent,
And even now I handle insurance and House expense of my house. .....as my parents r not so interested in credit card.....it took me lots of efforts to get 4 cards for my dad........then I handle expenses of my friends

And I'm active investors and I apply IPOs in 7 different people.......so I created different accounts so I can sort it than spending hours segregation of transactions......it's was a lot of difficult task to do it.
So now, different account for different usage....I use khatabook , cashbook for maintaining of payments.....excel for credit card...and Leo to give detailed house expenses in each category statment to my parents.

Kotak ace- main account will be my salary account
Kotak 811 - need to close, no use now. I had given request but they didn't close it.

Jupiter - everyday normal spending.

Paytm and Airtel payments bank- need to close.
As I'm using Jupiter

Fi- spends for travel, group spending.

Equitas- used to send cash for my friends who r brother for regular expenses who was away from family.
No use...need to close soon.

DBS- one of old account.....kept it like this because after few years have plan to go to Singapore for studies. Now I keeping my investment profits in this

IDFC- for FD .... behalf of my parents when I handled rent income on behalf of my father.

ICICI - ipo and investment related ( I apply in my friends acc so I transfer to my friends, as transaction limit is very high). ELSE I WOULDN'T OPEN IT
HDFC, AXIS - linked with my various demat accounts. I hold huge trading. Reason they have huge transaction limit and my turnover of short term and long term run into tens of lakhs. So dfc told convert into current account... that's why I opened axis to split it.
BOB - initially took it for education loan. Now government bonds and above 1 lakh bonds. Investments in grip. Etc
IDBI- linked with my demat.... useless now as it's one of old account and now I opened axis and HDFC.

AU bank- opened just for LIT card and I didn't get even after 3rd application. Was rejected 1st time due to kyc and details mismatch in cibil. now I use to get cash from parents , as I handle all house and parents expenses, so I kept seperate account.

Fincare - don't know why I opened. My cousin forced me as he used to intern as sales there😂😂. Now I use to get cash and split bills from friends. I order a lot for my friends who r like my brother's using my HDFC swiggy, Amazon....so they send a lot of people, it will come to this....at least 100 transactions per month.

SBI- 2nd bank I opened and it's because of college hostel. They forced me. Have loan

Then I had SBM from vested. ..but I'm using vested a lot.

One through ind money, IND money for mistake. SBM through niyo global I guess

Requested for post office savings bank for there good insurance.

Give me guidence if I have to change any account and also to sort my accounts. If I get guidance and info it will be better
Your use cases can easily be categorized into banks for spending, income, and investments.
For other very niche uses, you can keep one or two more then that's it.

Investments - PSU or a big bank with a PPF facility, feature rich app, and close to home. (SBI, ICICI, Kotak)
Spending - Bank that gives good rewards, discounts, or higher interest or favorable forex. (RBL, AU)
Income - Bank that has a better credit card folio or favorable forex. (Axis, HDFC)