• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New to Reward point transfers and Hotel Loyalty points.

PoorviS

TF Buzz
Hi, I am totally new to this Reward point transfers and Hotel Loyalty points. And have Regalia gold , sbi cash back and millenia cc
I need guidance from the experts which credit card can help me sponsor my 2 domestic holiday , 2 staycations and 1 international in year ( 2 adult ) with a spending of around 70-80 K per month. I live in Gurgaon .
@admin Please tag someone who is expert in this.

Hi, there are two things you can do.

1st
Increase your spending on Regalia Gold using SmartBuy portal which will give you accelerated rewards. You almost get 5x rewards on almost everything using Regalia Gold.

Redemption process: it would be better to directly utilise points to redeem for flights/hotels.
You can pay upto 70% using your points when you book any hotel/flight and you need to pay only 30% using your card for which you will get 5x/10x accelerated reward points.

2nd
If you have 5L or 8L limit on your HDFC card, you can go ahead and ask for upgrade to DCB/Infinia (3.3%) which provide high return rate compared to Regalia Gold (1.3%)

If you can't get those cards try to get either of these two cards mainly for the purpose of points transfer to hotel loyalty/FFP
1. Axis Atlas
2. Amex Platinum Travel

Axis Atlas gives you 4% returns on spends if you can spend 7.5L in an year on the card.
But axis being axis, does a lot of devaluation and most if the spends are in excluded category.

Amex Platinum travel gives you upwards 8% returns on achieveing 4L spends in an year when redeemed for Marriott points.

If you have any queries DM me.

Hi, there are two things you can do.

1st
Increase your spending on Regalia Gold using SmartBuy portal which will give you accelerated rewards. You almost get 5x rewards on almost everything using Regalia Gold.

Redemption process: it would be better to directly utilise points to redeem for flights/hotels.
You can pay upto 70% using your points when you book any hotel/flight and you need to pay only 30% using your card for which you will get 5x/10x accelerated reward points.

2nd
If you have 5L or 8L limit on your HDFC card, you can go ahead and ask for upgrade to DCB/Infinia (3.3%) which provide high return rate compared to Regalia Gold (1.3%)

If you can't get those cards try to get either of these two cards mainly for the purpose of points transfer to hotel loyalty/FFP
1. Axis Atlas
2. Amex Platinum Travel

Axis Atlas gives you 4% returns on spends if you can spend 7.5L in an year on the card.
But axis being axis, does a lot of devaluation and most if the spends are in excluded category.

Amex Platinum travel gives you upwards 8% returns on achieveing 4L spends in an year when redeemed for Marriott points.

If you have any queries DM me.
Quick question- Getting Amex platinum travel over axis Atlas is better because axis devalues their cards and amex has just as much benefit if not more right?? @ManojGowda
Thanks you so much for helping.

Back