• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Nick Names of Banks, Financial Institution and others.

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
I will start with what I have observed here on TF

Flipkart - Scamkart

Airtel - Chortel

Axis - Axshit

What are the others popular cute names for Banks, Financial Institution and others you have seen / came across here on Techfino or other finance discussion portals.

I am curious to know name of other banks/ providers as well.

It would be great if you could tell the story behind giving them such name. If the name has been given by you based on some personal incident.

Last edited:

Tejo

TF Legend
I will start with what I have observed here on DD

Flipkart - Scamkart

Airtel - Chortel

Axis - Axshit

What are the others popular cute names for Banks, Financial Institution and others you have seen / came across here on Desidime or other finance discussion portals.

I am curious to know name of other banks/ providers as well.
Axis - chumix
Hdfc - hopelessdfc
Kotak - lotak
Indusind -itless bank
Bob - bakasur, bank of bakasur
Freecharge - paidcharge

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
Your display pic looks like SBI logo... what a coincidence .
Lunch Lunchtime GIF by MOODMAN

STONE_MAN

TF Buzz
Freecharge - paidcharge

Why is that? I remember that Freecharge used to offer cashback coupon codes ranging from 20-30 Rs for mobile recharges in the past. Personally, Freecharge was my preferred option for recharges before. At least for me, they have lived up to their name ("Free"Charge).

helloworld

TF Legend
Why is that? I remember that Freecharge used to offer cashback coupon codes ranging from 20-30 Rs for mobile recharges in the past. Personally, Freecharge was my preferred option for recharges before. At least for me, they have lived up to their name ("Free"Charge).

experience vary from person to person. these are not applicable for all. personally, don't have any issues with artel, but in your case it was took something hence the name.

its like majority feeling.. or those who raised their voice feeling..

P.S. No issues with free charge too, when it was initially good, later never used after aquired by axs bank.