• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Nike India Purchase Using One Card

CreditCardFino

TF Premier
If I make a purchase on Nike India website prices show in INR but when I receive OTP it shows in USD. If I proceed the charges will be 1% markup fee + GST or DCC markup fee + GST + Foreign currency transaction fee. Since I am paying it from India will it be considered as domestic transaction. Should I enabled international transaction to make this payment?

In my opinion, it will be considered as international transaction and charged 1% markup fee +gst for it.
I was thinking the same but some Reddit post mentioned if payment is done from India instead of abroad then there will be DCC and other charges. If anyone did similar transaction maybe they can tell us.

Then for sure DCC markup will apply I guess cuz payment will be done in INR.
IMO, when you disable international transactions, bank is supposed to block all the international transactions. Hence, any international transactions won't go through irrespective of you spending in INR or any other currency. So no DCC, Forex etc.

IMO, when you disable international transactions, bank is supposed to block all the international transactions. Hence, any international transactions won't go through irrespective of you spending in INR or any other currency. So no DCC, Forex etc.
I got this message "as the international online transaction service on credit card is disabled transaction of USD XX was declined" So it is only 1% mark up fee + GST then.

If I disable international it will decline the transaction? how to make purchase

Its an International site catering to India so you will be charged in $ unless there is an option to auto convert to INR in site like amazon.com

Back