• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Niyo IDFC zero MAB to which IDFC account variant should I migrate?

Dark Knight

TF Buzz
Have a Niyo IDFC zero MAB account with platinum DC. Should I migrate to another IDFC account variant? I usually keep 1.5L as acc balance.

It's better to remain it to zero balance account as you opened through Niyo IDFC. It's An alliance account varient.
It was, probably till last year. Now they are no longer in alliance. Called up idfc first they are not sure if the account still stays a zero balance one. Will email them for confirmation.
I was wondering, does idfc give zero balance account to select customers? Or there's always a minimum balance requirement

It was long time back. I think in 2020. Niyo and idfc are no longer are in alliance. The 0 markup fee benefit has also been revoked. Hence I was thinking of migrating to some other account variant.
I think it is still a ZERO balance account with a simple visa platinum account as my brother opened this account through NIYO IDFC. If you need some other features specially provided on other account variants you may ask them to convert

It was, probably till last year. Now they are no longer in alliance. Called up idfc first they are not sure if the account still stays a zero balance one. Will email them for confirmation.
I was wondering, does idfc give zero balance account to select customers? Or there's always a minimum balance requirement
If you are a student go with the Future First Saving Account Zero Balance otherwise always there will be MAB in the other variant accounts.

DON'T change the account type. We have 20K mab account with no mab requirement. As long as the account variant is shown as SA Alliances or NIYO Zero Bal Savings Post IPV it will remain a zero balance account.

DON'T change the account type. We have 20K mab account with no mab requirement. As long as the account variant is shown as SA Alliances or NIYO Zero Bal Savings Post IPV it will remain a zero balance account.
Thanks a lot!
Mine too shows the same. I'll let it stay the same. I recently had a call from a new RM who at first said that the account is 25k mab. Then when I pointed out about the 0 mab he said he'll have to check and revert.
That got me wondering that if the status is unclear and if there's another variant that certainly is 0 mab then i can consider that.
But from the replies here it seems no other variant is 0 mab one.

I think it is still a ZERO balance account with a simple visa platinum account as my brother opened this account through NIYO IDFC. If you need some other features specially provided on other account variants you may ask them to convert
Okay. Got it. Thanks.
Any idea about the reward points structure of the simple visa platinum DC. Their website only lists the reward points structure of select, wealth and private variants. No mention anywhere for platinum variant.

Okay. Got it. Thanks.
Any idea about the reward points structure of the simple visa platinum DC. Their website only lists the reward points structure of select, wealth and private variants. No mention anywhere for platinum variant
It is cleary mentioned on the first rewards portal for every debit card like for normal debit cards it 1x on 150 offline spend and 2x for online spend .
1 rewards point value is equal to 0.25 paisa

Back