• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard: I activated the digital, but havent opened the physical card, would it self deactivate or close the CC?

insight

TF Ace
OneCard: I activated the digital, but havent opened the physical card, would it self deactivate or close the CC?

How does this play?

Preface from
: How I applied and am now considering an non-Federal issuer for OC as I might want to get a Fed Card (given the single card policy).
https://www.technofino.in/community...-as-one-but-seems-there-are-3-variants.18546/

OneCard: I thought it was issued by 3 banks as ONE, but seems there are 3 variants?

So OneCard was on my "later" To Do list.

One late night I took a suggestion to check out OneScore for CIBIL.

It offered my pre approved card, so I went ahead in few clicks while being sleepy.

Now recently I was scanning the "Show your Cards" thread and noticed peoples Spreadsheets labeling OneCard with "A single named parent" Bank. E.g. BOB or another.

And then I googled and noticed each Bank also issues it separately via their sites?

Are they same or Unique Parentage grants different Underlying things?

e.g Does OC from BOB qualify as BOB card for Instant Discount/ Sales offers?

Would then a BOB OC usage be more visible to BOB for maybe an Eterna or RuPay?

Can we get more than One variant?

And similar differences?
OneCard can only be applied for through the app and they have 5 active issuers

(SBM - mostly for FD backed cards, BOB, Federal, CSB, SIB), before those came it was IDFC till March 2022.

If you already hold a BOB or Federal card you will likely get South Indian Bank or CSB Bank as issuer. You cannot change the issuer.
1. So this is at their behest, no way to choose or pre prioritize?

2. Each bank seems to have a page for OC and a "redirector towards the website"

Code:
e.g. https://apply.getonecard.app/?utm_source=FED&utm_medium=Fed_Website&utm_campaign=partner-website

3. Would that have no effect on where the app gets directed / prioritized? I wonder if that acts as a Factor?

If you have already activated the virtual card then the card is activated irrespective of whether you use the physical card or not. The process is same for all banks.
I'm not sure I activated the Digital Card or how far? How can I tell / check?

If you are able to make any transaction using your card, that means it is activated. No consideration to digital or physical.
I havent tried yet and I am not sure I want to. Possibly close it/ let it go.
But I just dont know from the App if I did or not.

I havent tried yet and I am not sure I want to. Possibly close it/ let it go.
But I just dont know from the App if I did or not.
Why tho ? It is a good card provided on LTF basis. You may want to retain it. Many have let it go and have repented earlier. You can see their reviews here.

Back