• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard: I thought it was issued by 3 banks as ONE, but seems there are 3 variants?

insight

TF Ace
OneCard: I thought it was issued by 3 banks as ONE, but seems there are 3 variants?

So OneCard was on my To Do list.

One late night I took a suggestion to check out OneScore for CIBIL.

It offered my pre approved card, so I went ahead in few clicks while being sleepy.

Now recently I was scanning the "Show your Cards" thread and noticed peoples Spreadsheets labeling OneCard with "A single named parent" Bank. E.g. BOB or another.

And then I googled and noticed each Bank also issues it separately via their sites?

Are they same or Unique Parentage grants different Underlying things?

e.g Does OC from BOB qualify as BOB card for Instant Discount/ Sales offers?

Would then a BOB OC usage be more visible to BOB for maybe an Eterna or RuPay?

Can we get more than One variant?

And similar differences?

So OneCard was on my To Do list.

One late night I took a suggestion to check out OneScore for CIBIL.

It offered my pre approved card, so I went ahead in few clicks while being sleepy.

Now recently I was scanning the "Show your Cards" thread and noticed peoples Spreadsheets labeling OneCard with "A single named parent" Bank. E.g. BOB or another.

And then I googled and noticed each Bank also issues it separately via their sites?

Are they same or Unique Parentage grants different Underlying things?

e.g Does OC from BOB qualify as BOB card for Instant Discount/ Sales offers?

Would then a BOB OC usage be more visible to BOB for maybe an Eterna or RuPay?

Can we get more than One variant?

And similar differences?
Certain banks have a single card policy like Federal Bank if you take OneCard of Federal Bank you cannot get core Federal Bank card

You can only get one variant

Thanks for replying but it doesnt answer the questions I asked.

Just adds one more question in my mind :D
Certain banks have a single card policy like Federal Bank if you take OneCard of Federal Bank you cannot get core Federal Bank card

You can only get one variant
Are there other Fed Bank Cards that are better so people have been getting OCs issued from other Banks?

So should I be replacing OC from Fed to an OC from BOB? or others?

OneCard can only be applied for through the app and they have 5 active issuers (SBM - mostly for FD backed cards, BOB, Federal, CSB, SIB), before those came it was IDFC till March 2022. If you already hold a BOB or Federal card you will likely get South Indian Bank or CSB Bank as issuer. You cannot change the issuer.

There is no difference between any of the cards and all of them are only eligible for OneCard specific offers.

It's a mostly useless LTF card with the main feature being that it is a metal card. You are asking too many questions, although the above should be enough as an answer for all of them.

Last edited:
Thanks. Muchos Gracias for responding again.
OneCard can only be applied for through the app and they have 5 active issuers

(SBM - mostly for FD backed cards, BOB, Federal, CSB, SIB), before those came it was IDFC till March 2022.

If you already hold a BOB or Federal card you will likely get South Indian Bank or CSB Bank as issuer. You cannot change the issuer.
So this is at their behest, no way to choose or pre prioritize?

Each bank seems to have a page for OC and a "redirector towards the website"
Code:
e.g. https://apply.getonecard.app/?utm_source=FED&utm_medium=Fed_Website&utm_campaign=partner-website

Would that have no effect on where the app gets directed / prioritized? I wonder if that acts as a Factor
There is no difference between any of the cards and all of them are only eligible for OneCard specific offers.
Fair
It's a mostly useless LTF card with the main feature being that it is a metal card.
Lol! I dont care about its metal.

Its just that where I was shopping its name and offers were popping and I put it on a secondary To Do List.
But when I used OneScore for CIBIL first time, it just made it too easy to just click forward.
You are asking too many questions, although the above should be enough as an answer for all of them.
: D Better to ask than to assume what logic plays.. especially on the CC landscape.. there's all sorts of pathways.

Back