• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Online credit card application options for Single name people

Andy1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There are many people who have single names and it creates a problem everytime while applying online application for credit card or bank account.
Can anyone provide info on which bank/ credit card issuer facilitate opening online savings account / credit card for single name people?

@TechnoFino

Haha, right, not me, but my wife's name always create an issue whenever she applies any card/account!!! I adviced her to write the name twice, and it worked in few applications!!

Haha, right, not me, but my wife's name always create an issue whenever she applies any card/account!!! I adviced her to write the name twice, and it worked in few applications!!
Can you mention where it worked for helping others

There are many people who have single names and it creates a problem everytime while applying online application for credit card or bank account.
Can anyone provide info on which bank/ credit card issuer facilitate opening online savings account / credit card for single name people?

@TechnoFino
Axis Bank.

@TechnoFino
This is because last name is mandatory and first name is optional when doing a CIBIL inquiry.

Some banks that I know to work around this are HDFC, Axis, Indusind, Kotak, & RBL.

I am also facing similar situation. How to get rid of the same. As someone suggested put same name in both as first name and last name. But sometimes application does not allow to keep both name as same.

I am also facing similar situation. How to get rid of the same. As someone suggested put same name in both as first name and last name. But sometimes application does not allow to keep both name as same.
CIBIL does not allow same text in 1st and last name. If the bank send the data as is to CIBIL. CIBIL will not accept. This is why most banks have problem processing applications for people with only a 1st name.

Check at the branch how the bank processes such cases.

Some banks like Axis, IndusInd, Kotak, RBL do this automatically for their applications. That is you only need to mention your 1st name.
Not sure about other banks.

Another workaround is to enter your name in last name instead of 1st name. For CIBIL, last name is mandatory and 1st name is optional.
Not sure if anyone has tried this or if it works.

Back