• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Only Premium & Super Premium Cards discussion continued

Should we make our group " Only Premium & Super Premium Cards Discussion" as Secret group

• Total voters
I would like to add that if it is decided to make this group hidden, each person should be vetted again for their contributions on Technofino forums. Otherwise, it will be be unfair to those who might have Magnus and had not joined the group before it was decided to hide it.

Basically, holding Magnus should not be the only criteria for being a member in the hidden group.

In my opinion, we should not make this group hidden. Let it be. Instead create a new hidden group with select members (based on contributions, etc.) to discuss potential tricks and then revealing those tips after a certain time-frame in the current group. This way more select members can be added to the hidden group if they post valuable information in the current group. Also this will help in preserving the tips and tricks which select members took time to find out for a few months. Lets be honest, any trick which would come in public domain (even if one has to request to join) will reach the executives which defeats the purpose and the effort put by the select members. Below are a few examples to strengthen my viewpoint:

Example 1: The Reserve trick was only known to select members which led to it being utilised for so long. Even if Axis clawed back the points, still people took benefit of it and closed the accounts with NOC.

Example 2: Buying Gold on Myntra. I and a few others had done a lot of research on this topic which we all had shared in the group. After being posted, all of the coins have been removed. It is not because of a shortage of gold coins, all the other online portals still have them. This was done because many people started ordering the coins flagging Myntra systems regarding the same. Now only Mellora coins are available, because they don't do buyback of their own gold coins.

We need to be smart about it. We definitely need a community to discuss tips and tricks but not in a very public domain. The best bet would be to create a hidden group starting with only a few members and gradually adding members to it based on their history in the current group.

Let me know your thoughts!

I would like to add that if it is decided to make this group hidden, each person should be vetted again for their contributions on Technofino forums. Otherwise, it will be be unfair to those who might have Magnus and had not joined the group before it was decided to hide it.

Basically, holding Magnus should not be the only criteria for being a member in the hidden group.

In my opinion, we should not make this group hidden. Let it be. Instead create a new hidden group with select members (based on contributions, etc.) to discuss potential tricks and then revealing those tips after a certain time-frame in the current group. This way more select members can be added to the hidden group if they post valuable information in the current group. Also this will help in preserving the tips and tricks which select members took time to find out for a few months. Lets be honest, any trick which would come in public domain (even if one has to request to join) will reach the executives which defeats the purpose and the effort put by the select members. Below are a few examples to strengthen my viewpoint:

Example 1: The Reserve trick was only known to select members which led to it being utilised for so long. Even if Axis clawed back the points, still people took benefit of it and closed the accounts with NOC.

Example 2: Buying Gold on Myntra. I and a few others had done a lot of research on this topic which we all had shared in the group. After being posted, all of the coins have been removed. It is not because of a shortage of gold coins, all the other online portals still have them. This was done because many people started ordering the coins flagging Myntra systems regarding the same. Now only Mellora coins are available, because they don't do buyback of their own gold coins.

We need to be smart about it. We definitely need a community to discuss tips and tricks but not in a very public domain. The best bet would be to create a hidden group starting with only a few members and gradually adding members to it based on their history in the current group.

I didn't purchase any coins, still interested in what do you mean by - After being posted, all of the coins have been removed. ? Are they removed from myntra itself? And we can't purchase them using any method?

If the group is secret, you may miss to add new members who may have plethora of knowledge. Better to at least keep the group in the list. Entry criteria could be stringent.

You can later create a secret group and add handful from private group.
Doesn't the current group serve that purpose? The current group is private in nature and should remain that way. I am asking not to change this group at all.

People who do have plethora of knowledge can start by sharing things in this group and if the admin see fit, he/she can be invited to the secret group.

I didn't purchase any coins, still interested in what do you mean by - After being posted, all of the coins have been removed. ? Are they removed from myntra itself? And we can't purchase them using any method?
It is a combination of things that happen. In principle, if a trick is used by too many people, it does come in-front of the service managers.

Right now, Myntra has removed all gold coins from their website except the Mellora brand. Mellora doesn't offer any buyback and it gets difficult to sell them. I have heard people saying that it is because the demand of gold coins have risen which indeed is true but is not the reason for this removal. All the other online portals, still have all the brands listed for gold coins sale.

It is a combination of things that happen. In principle, if a trick is used by too many people, it does come in-front of the service managers.

Right now, Myntra has removed all gold coins from their website except the Mellora brand. Mellora doesn't offer any buyback and it gets difficult to sell them. I have heard people saying that it is because the demand of gold coins have risen which indeed is true but is not the reason for this removal. All the other online portals, still have all the brands listed for gold coins sale.
You know that this thread is in the public forum, and not the group 🤔

Doesn't the current group serve that purpose? The current group is private in nature and should remain that way. I am asking not to change this group at all.

People who do have plethora of knowledge can start by sharing things in this group and if the admin see fit, he/she can be invited to the secret group.
I agree with your view. Only difference between secret and private group is that the group name won't appear in list and a non-member can't send a request to join. Nothing else, the posts remain secret in both groups and also don't get indexed in search results.

If the group is secret, the owner need to look for potential members who are fit. If group is private, he will get the request without any efforts and then can decide to approve or not.

Thanks @James2307mr
For taking efforts to elaborate your viewpoint in great details with examples and illustrations.

The voting poll till now signifies more than 80% of the members request a secret group and only the remaining want it to be as it is.

I agree with your point that a seperate group can be created secretly in which the entry of members from this group can be allowed.

It has already been done by me and one more member but it did not result in any positive.

Instead that group remained inactive for most of the time and there was no activity even after my and several other efforts.

So, instead of focusing on other groups, I wish to strength the entry barriers here.
Even, I am ready to remove any member which is inactive and non contributive.

Seriously, I don't have the bandwidth and time to manage two groups at the same time.

Apart from my daily work, replying to tens of DM's everyday, posting new hacks, administration of this group, and discussions with mods. Hardly I have any time left.

If you have seen my previous post on how to continue your journey in this group.
You can relate to what I am saying.

The best I can do as of now, is to change mods in our group, maybe some of them are busy and not able to perform better.

So, I can appoint you as one of the mod along with others.

Concluding, as per the commitment for poll, we have to listen to majority and this is not a single person's dictatorship.

By today end of the day, the privacy setting will be changed to secret.

I am grateful that @RewardsAlert accepted me into the group even though I did not meet the requirements. Although I haven't contributed anything that would make me eligible to vote in the poll, I still express my support for the second option.

I am grateful for the present state of the group, as it provided me with the chance to send an invitation due to its public availability on the forum. Consequently, I am unable to support the idea of making it hidden through my vote.

Back