• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OTP issue - Hyperos

deals4u

TF Buzz
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a weird issue I encountered after upgrading my Xiaomi 13 Pro to Hyper OS. I stopped receiving SMS from Dreamfolks, ANQ, and Federal Bank Rewards. Initially, I blamed my operator Airtel and the mentioned services. Tested it on a Redmi 12C with Hyper OS, and the issue persisted.

A tech expert suggested trying the SIM in a different phone ( I tested with Realme), and surprisingly, OTPs came through from all sites. Redmi phones with Hyper OS seem to have this problem. Some OTPs even show up as MI smart messages instead of regular ones. I've tried troubleshooting without success. Considering notifying Xiaomi and might switch devices if the issue persists. Just a heads-up for Redmi users with Hyper OS, test Dreamfolks' website to see if you face similar problems.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Hey everyone, just wanted to share a weird issue I encountered after upgrading my Xiaomi 13 Pro to Hyper OS. I stopped receiving SMS from Dreamfolks, ANQ, and Federal Bank Rewards. Initially, I blamed my operator Airtel and the mentioned services. Tested it on a Redmi 12C with Hyper OS, and the issue persisted.

A tech expert suggested trying the SIM in a different phone ( I tested with Realme), and surprisingly, OTPs came through from all sites. Redmi phones with Hyper OS seem to have this problem. Some OTPs even show up as MI smart messages instead of regular ones. I've tried troubleshooting without success. Considering notifying Xiaomi and might switch devices if the issue persists. Just a heads-up for Redmi users with Hyper OS, test Dreamfolks' website to see if you face similar problems.
As a ex mi user, use Google messages..

The default one might blocking them as spam..

mac.abhinav

TF Neo
not just airtel. if you just try to forward the sms in the same format to others it won't go. i have the same problem from november even before hyper os released. something broke at that point. i have jio sim and tried dreamfolks from that and i don't get the sms.

mac.abhinav

TF Neo
i reset my phone like 5 times and didn't work. I send a message on xiaomi feedback app and got reply that new version was released and it should have solved the problem but didn't. still waiting on an update that would fix the problem. I have tried out various things. like sending the same sms from my phone to others, sms didn't go through. installed dreamfolks app and got the sms from that with dreamfolks header but that was of no use as we can only login with webaccess for credit card/ debit cards. so the problem is not with sms being received but the format that we are receiving it in. even had many calls with dreamfolks team and they said they wouldn't change the format. i just gave up at this point.

I am also facing the same issue what to do next plz guide

I am also facing the same issue kindly help me suggestions

V G

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even I stopped receiving messages from Dreamfolks after upgrading to HyperOS. I tried all SMS app but problem persists.

jai_m

TF Neo
[ Issue Fixed ]
Guys i was facing the same issue with hyperos, tried lot of things however the issue is with the RCS chats
As soon i disabled the RCS chat in google messages i was able to receive the messages
Message > Message Settings > RCS chats > turn off the RCS chats
Hope this helps!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-02-22-18-42-454_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-02-22-18-42-454_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 8

deals4u

TF Buzz
Yes bro now it worked. But what is the link between RCS chats and this dreamfolks site ? I also tested in another MI phone brand new one and I faced the same issue. ( pls note there is no RCS chat enabled as it's a brand new phone).