• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Over limit spending after recharging or repaying the spent amount before bill generation

CardTox

TF Premier
Hi, I have Axis flipkart with 70k limit. I want to buy an iPhone for my friend amounting to 69k, then as soon as my friend gives that amount to me (he will be transfering it to my account the same day), can I repay that 69k to my card via bill payment mode and again spend 50k with in same billing period before the generation of due date, will i be charged for over limit use? In this case my total bill be 19k only, while my over all spent on this card in one bill cycle will be 69+50=119k.

As long as the amount you pay using the credit card is less than the available limit, there will be no overlimit charges
What you have specified will work. Make sure that the full 70K limit is available before you make the 69K+ purchase. Then immediately pay 69K to Axis
If you want to be extra sure, login to NetBanking, go to credit cards, choose card, control center and turn off the overlimit facility

1679566703148.png

There is a great explanation here: https://www.technofino.in/community...dition-and-charges-confusion.5214/post-106409

Last edited:
Better ask him to pay directly to your card using UPI fashion (cc.91<10 digit phone number associated with the card><last 4 digits of the card number>) and it gets settled instantly rather than transferring that amount to your bank. Just my suggestion.

Better ask him to pay directly to your card using UPI fashion (cc.91<10 digit phone number associated with the card><last 4 digits of the card number>) and it gets settled instantly rather than transferring that amount to your bank. Just my suggestion.
could you explain you saying bank transfer using UPI or what?

could you explain you saying bank transfer using UPI or what?
He meant using UPI to directly pay to your credit card account.
Suppose your phone number is
And last 4 digits of your CC are 4444, then your upi id would be
cc.9198765432104444@axisbank.

Beware haven't tried it so don't know settle time etc. or will it actually work.

You can also use the simple option to pay credit card bill using credit card payment in any upi app and entering your card number, thats it.

Back