• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paid card to ltf

Akshay Ajmera

TF Select
I am wondering how can banks give few customers a paid card into an ltf card.

Can anyone share some tips and tricks/ mails or conversation,where they converted their paid card in ltf.

Also, what exactly someone says, when he/ she negotiate to make card ltf

Also, curious, if anyone has ever got sbi and amex card as ltf as well.

Tejo

TF Legend

Can anyone share some tips and tricks/ mails or conversation,where they converted their paid card in ltf.

Mostly amex is strict regarding annual fees it might be india or any region

Tejo

TF Legend

Banks like hdfc, axis, kotak ..... will make ltf if we have great networth with bank.

Sbicards not so strict regarding card fees, but I'm not sure that they are making higher variant cards to ltf

Actually card annual fee is collected for the features like insurance benefits + card network offers etc. ... if not you/we, then someone are paying for it

helloworld

TF Legend

- Usage on card (active usage, not like once a year purchase)
- Active history with that bank (the more you stick and spend, the better your chances)
- Good CIBIL history (to make yourself worthy, >750 enough and flawless)

SBI: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/pro-tips-to-make-a-sbi-card-life-time-free.10592/
AMEX: Till 2017, there are some offers - so, watch out and make it useful whenever they offered.

AXIS: Like this, sometimes they offer directly LTF - use it. https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/credit-card

Tip: Never worry about converting basic cards to LTF. When days passed so do your spends and income, when that happens these cards are no longer useful. So, always try to convert premium to super premium LTF.

Last edited: