• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paying House downpayment via Credit Card - Works!

varun.rt

TF Buzz
Hello

So I used 2 credit cards to pay my down payment on my new house from Godrej Properties, that is SBI Cashback and Diners Black since AMEX has acceptibility issues (as always)

1. Using SBI Cashback, I paid Rs. 2L over 2 statement cycles, earning a cashback of Rs. 10k
2. Using Diners Black, 1 paid Rs. 4.5L, earning 15,020 points

Hence earning Rs. 25,030 worth of points and cashback on the payment of Rs.6.5L, i.e., 3.84% reward rate.

Things to make sure before the payment:
1. Make sure the MCC is eligible for the rewards and cashbacks, hence enqire with your RM beforehand (In case of Godrej Properties, the MCC is 1520)
2. Make sure to check the per day reward limit for cetain cards. For Eg, diners black PVC card has 2500 points limit per day. So plan your tranactions accordingly.

Let me know if you have any queries.
Thanks

Hello

So I used 2 credit cards to pay my down payment on my new house from Godrej Properties, that is SBI Cashback and Diners Black since AMEX has acceptibility issues (as always)

1. Using SBI Cashback, I paid Rs. 2L over 2 statement cycles, earning a cashback of Rs. 10k

Hence earning Rs. 25,030 worth of points and cashback on the payment of Rs.6.5L, i.e., 3.84% reward rate.

1. Make sure the MCC is eligible for the rewards and cashbacks, hence enqire with your RM beforehand (In case of Godrej Properties, the MCC is 1520)
2. Make sure to check the per day reward limit for cetain cards. For Eg, diners black PVC card has 2500 points limit per day. So plan your tranactions accordingly.

Thanks
So you use link sent by godrej to you ?

Hello

Thanks
Any additional charges while making the payment in terms of gateway/MDR?

Hello

Thanks
Did you make online txn?? (Like did they send Payment link)

Hello

Thanks
Bhai which location??
And Project Name??😁😁

Any additional charges while making the payment in terms of gateway/MDR?
Hello

So there is an option to book via their app, but you might incur some charges over there for using credit cards.
So you have to request them for an alternate payment link that they usually use to collect the initial booking amount which will have no additional charges and this you'll get by requesting your RM

Back