• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment gateway for general store

One of my friend have a small general store, he have bharatpe swipe machine and he faces problem because some of his customers wanna make online payment through credit card, so is there anyway to accept credit card payments as an online transaction, I saw some gateway that can make this issue resolved but I'm unaware of it. So if anyone knows ABT it kindly tell along with the procedure, charges and mcc code.
Shop comes under grocery and departmental store.

One of my friend have a small general store, he have bharatpe swipe machine and he faces problem because some of his customers wanna make online payment through credit card, so is there anyway to accept credit card payments as an online transaction, I saw some gateway that can make this issue resolved but I'm unaware of it. So if anyone knows ABT it kindly tell along with the procedure, charges and mcc code.
Shop comes under grocery and departmental store.
Their should be an option in POS to send a payment link to customer via SMS to accept payment.

I was searching and got to know ABT razorpay, if anyone knows it for small scale business payment gateway then please tell or if uh know any other platform then please tell ABT that too

I was searching and got to know ABT razorpay, if anyone knows it for small scale business payment gateway then please tell or if uh know any other platform then please tell ABT that too
I had a similar requirement.

Pos device are having so many charges like rent, paper, charge, setup fee, mdr charges etc...

I have chosen razorpay payment gateway by submitting all my business docs like gst, fssai, and pan, aadhaar, current account cancelled cheque.

There are other payment gateway like zaakpay, payu money, Phonepe etc... due to some limitations of storefronts I had opted for razorpay.

With RazorPay you can create payment links with custom or pre defined amounts, payment pages as well. Customer service is good and responsive.

Phonepe I heard is the worst customer care, so better avoid it.

I had a similar requirement.

Pos device are having so many charges like rent, paper, charge, setup fee, mdr charges etc...

I have chosen razorpay payment gateway by submitting all my business docs like gst, fssai, and pan, aadhaar, current account cancelled cheque.

There are other payment gateway like zaakpay, payu money, Phonepe etc... due to some limitations of storefronts I had opted for razorpay.

With RazorPay you can create payment links with custom or pre defined amounts, payment pages as well. Customer service is good and responsive.

Phonepe I heard is the worst customer care, so better avoid it.
Adding 2 more points

Razorpay also has pos device please avoid it as it is high charge.

If possible device is required, one can try icici bank current account (some variants with intital good funding) will give you a ltf pos device, mdr charges need to bear . But bank representative hide that , but you can give a try . Prev they collaborated with Paytm , since it is banned for onboarding new customers not sure if they they still have other alternatives.

Give a try

Never use razorpay...I was using it and one fine day and out of blue they terminated my payment gateway & refunded my balance 3 lac to customers...They did not assign any reason for termination...Your money is not safe with razorpay..

Indeed RBI banned razorpay in past....Their operations are shaddy

Never use razorpay...I was using it and one fine day and out of blue they terminated my payment gateway & refunded my balance 3 lac to customers...They did not assign any reason for termination...Your money is not safe with razorpay..

Indeed RBI banned razorpay in past....Their operations are shaddy
But amount will be settled in 2 days right, are you mentioning you lost 3 lac in 2 days which are about to get settlement? Payment gateway won't have access to debit from your current account right?

But amount will be settled in 2 days right, are you mentioning you lost 3 lac in 2 days which are about to get settlement? Payment gateway won't have access to debit from your current account right?
My settlement cycle was T+2 and 3 lac was pending settlement which was refunded to customers. They cannot debit current account....They also provide current account in tie up with some bank and if your current account is with them then they can freeze that

Thanks for sharing the information, have you not lodged compliants to recover amount it is huge amount right?
In India, No one listens...You are at the mercy of the system....Be happy and pray that you should never cross path with the system....They will show you some clause in 50 page T&C that they can hold back settlement amount & terminate your PG anytime they want without assigning reason quoting some f****ing internal risk assessment process..

Last edited:
In India, No one listens...You are at the mercy of the system....Be happy and pray that you should never cross path with the system....They will show you some clause in 50 page T&C that they can hold back settlement amount & terminate your PG anytime they want without assigning reason quoting some f****ing internal risk assessment process..
I understand your points, recently I have an issue with mitchibushi Electric AC, which didn't work from 7th month and from 2 years they come and go and I have also paid Rs12,000 nearly for pcb etc... still not solved.

I have shared all the proofs to my lawyer and sent a lawyer notice, if you do not solve the problem I will be lodging a case in consumer court, I just spent Rs800-1000 for lawyer notice, and immediately experts from their company came from Chennai and changed the pcb parts again in indoor and outdoor units and repaired it

They have not charged anything and extended my warranty for 2 years from the date of repair

I am trying to share my experience.

No merchant want to go around lawyers , pay hefty amounts to their lawyers just for consumers like us. So they try to negotiate immediately or settle the matter outside court.

If your things are legitimate and you have proofs , then I strongly suggest to file a compliant via consumer affairs, you will definitely get compensated.

If you win the case , you can also claim the lawyer charges+ compensation of harrasment by doing these dirty practices.

There is still power in system, we just need to tap it right pace.

Just shared my view , if you don't feel useful, please ignore.

Back