• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment reporting even after 3 years

Pradumya

TF Ace
Hello everybody
I made a thread earlier to know about the impact of this payment reporting.
Hi peoples

I regularly check my credit reports but never had a look at the closed accounts.
Today I saw something strange - I had Paytm postpaid accounts from Aditya Birla Finance which are closed for around 2-3 years now.
View attachment 51593
As you can see in the screenshot - The account got closed in 2021 itself, but they are reporting it still

And this is not just the case with Aditya Birla Finance, similar pattern I noticed in SBM Bank reporting. View attachment 51594
Here also the account got closed in 2023 itself, still the reporting is done continuously.

I do know that personal loans in credit reports are not a good sign, but what if they are still reporting them. Though closed is marked but still does this shows as bad remark?

This is not just the case with experian, even CIBIL report has these same.. And my score is up down 5-10 points every month. Not going above 780. Is this because of this reporting?

Should I do something about it?

Now let's start:
I had 4 Paytm postpaid accounts facilitated by Aditya Birla Finance from 2021 to 2023.
Below are the details of the accounts:

Date of Last Reporting: 31-05-2024
Close Date: 14/12/2021

Date of Last Reporting: 31-05-2024
Close Date: 08/09/2022

Date of Last Reporting: 31/05/2024
Close Date: 10/04/2023

Date of Last Reporting: 31/05/2024
Close Date: 08/09/2023

As you might understand that there Are continuous payment reporting happening in all these accounts maintained by Aditya Birla Finance Ltd.
Screenshot_20240811-183042~2.png
This is just one screenshot from the experian report. Similar reporting is noticed in other 3 accounts and in CIBIL report as well.

This is not just with me: @RaunakPrasad_26 also had noticed this same kind of payment reporting from Aditya Birla Finance Ltd. Screenshot_20240811-193924.png

This kinda situation is not visible in any other bank credit card account or personal loan accounts. Only Aditya Birla Finance Ltd has done this kind of reporting.

Also it's not like there are different rules for ABFL, have a look at below image Screenshot_20240811-194852.png
In the above image you can see a similar category of account just different lender. The account was opened and closed in same year and last payment is also correctly reported. This is how it should be.

I have raised this issue with Aditya Birla Finance Ltd on 20 May 2024. ABFL didn't resolve it at all even made new payment reporting after the complaint as well.
So escalated the complaint with RBI ombudsman on 30 June 2024.
Got a call from them to share latest credit report again. I shared that on 09 July 2024.
Till now there is no update on this issue.

circular by RBI in this regard:

Let me know what next should I do?
I request everyone to recheck their Experian credit report for this similar issue by ABFL Paytm postpaid accounts.

Go through this thread I just wrote about It might help you. File a complaint with RBI Ombudsman and be persistent.

Go through this thread I just wrote about It might help you. File a complaint with RBI Ombudsman and be persistent.
Bro tell me this: the compensation of 100₹ per day is from first complaint date right or first date of issue?
Because in second case the account was closed in 2021 and last reporting happened in 2024. So I will get over a lakh rupees which is not feasible.

Moreover This issue you shared happened with you only. But with ABFL, it is different.
I and @RaunakPrasad_26 noticed same thing. Even more people would notice the same I guess.

Last edited:
Back