• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment via Bharat QR not received by Merchant

On 15th April I did payment of Rs. 1692 by Scanning HDFC Bharat QR with SBI Cashback Card. But till date merchant has not received the payment. Saturday I called SBI and they said transaction is in-progress. Today I again called to confirm the transaction status and they said transaction has been settled but when i called merchant he still has not received the payment. I personally checked the statement of merchant from 15th April to today but payment is not reflecting. Previously I did 3 to 4 payment to same merchant and all were settled timely. What should I do?

On 15th April I did payment of Rs. 1692 by Scanning HDFC Bharat QR with SBI Cashback Card. But till date merchant has not received the payment. Saturday I called SBI and they said transaction is in-progress. Today I again called to confirm the transaction status and they said transaction has been settled but when i called merchant he still has not received the payment. I personally checked the statement of merchant from 15th April to today but payment is not reflecting. Previously I did 3 to 4 payment to same merchant and all were settled timely. What should I do?
Demand SBI to share some proof that your transaction got settled.

If it's yes, why Merchant hasn't received the same? Contact HDFC too.

Raise a dispute with SBI

And ask merchant to contact HDFC with the UTR no of the txn

Should I contact with HDFC or merchant?
It would have been better, if merchant contact the bank.

If it's not possible, then contact by yourself, sharing the required transaction details.

Have you enquired the merchant, such issues occurred on that day or previous days to the merchant?

This happened with me as well. Transaction amounted to Rs. 260, debited from card but never settled with merchant. After cross checking transactions, he finally removed BharatQR device from his shop because he simply didn't want this happening again since it made him run around trying to get this fixed. I paid 260 by cash again and went our ways. Merchant is personally known to me. So i didn't want to escalate any further.

HDFC SMARTHUB QR hoga na ?

Merchant ke Smarthub App m check karo Payment Reflect ho rahi hogi.

Bank statement check ki kya merchant ki ?
Bank statement m entry milegi hi nhi same Amount ki

Kis App se pay kiya thha ?

This happened with me as well. Transaction amounted to Rs. 260, debited from card but never settled with merchant. After cross checking transactions, he finally removed BharatQR device from his shop because he simply didn't want this happening again since it made him run around trying to get this fixed. I paid 260 by cash again and went our ways. Merchant is personally known to me. So i didn't want to escalate any further.
You didn't get money back?

Bumping with some updates,
HDFC deducts MDR for this transaction and it takes upto 7 Working Days to settle.
So, keep an eye for similar looking amount on the statement.

I paid pre school fees via Bharat QR using Gpay and HDFC credit card

Few days later school asked for screenshot of payment again. I was wondering why so. Now I understand.

Settlement via this route seems tricky

Back