• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payments done via BillDesk - Scan and Pay showing twice in Unbilled Transactions HDFC

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I made a few payments totaling 30K for my HDFC CC using Billdesk. I used the Scan and Pay and used an UPI app. It took about a week for these transactions to show up in Unbilled Transactions in HDFC. Unfortunately, each transaction is showing up twice but with the same transaction ID in HDFC. So instead of 30K credit, it is showing as 60K Unbilled Credit.

I am not really interested in the excess, so how should I go about correcting this?

1. Do nothing, wait for HDFC to correct it.
2. Proactively contact support and correct it?
3. Keep still, keep 30K higher credit in my card regardless of the next statement, till HDFC claws it back.

Have you guys faced such issues?

I made a few payments totaling 30K for my HDFC CC using Billdesk. I used the Scan and Pay and used an UPI app. It took about a week for these transactions to show up in Unbilled Transactions in HDFC. Unfortunately, each transaction is showing up twice but with the same transaction ID in HDFC. So instead of 30K credit, it is showing as 60K Unbilled Credit.

I am not really interested in the excess, so how should I go about correcting this?

1. Do nothing, wait for HDFC to correct it.
2. Proactively contact support and correct it?
3. Keep still, keep 30K higher credit in my card regardless of the next statement, till HDFC claws it back.

Have you guys faced such issues?
You can ask them to return it back to your account. Just give a call on their phone banking number and tell them for excess credit refund to bank account.

Cheers! 👍🏻

Then wait for billing bro. It will most probably resolve on its own.

If it doesn't then what do you have to lose? 😂
Take a chill pill.
Most probably it should be cleared before statement generation.

Only thing I am concerned is if they generate a statement that is 30K lesser than what it should be, now it brings a dilemma if I should pay the bill + 30K, just keep paying the bill alone until they correct it.

Most probably it should be cleared before statement generation.

Only thing I am concerned is if they generate a statement that is 30K lesser than what it should be, now it brings a dilemma if I should pay the bill + 30K, just keep paying the bill alone until they correct it.
Always overpay and then ask for excess credit refund than to underpay and suffer consequences later.

Now, when I logged in to HDFC netbanking, it is showing thrice. Now the unbilled credits is inflated by 60K.

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Waiting for HDFC to fix it.

GIF by Sixt

As expected, HDFC debited the excess payments, but in separate transactions. Only change out of this event is both my debits and credits are inflated by 60K for this month.

Hoping they consider this for the Infinia upgrade milestone of 7.5L in 6 months. :D

Back