• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Phuket Trip New Year

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi I am planning a trip to Phuket at new year for 7D/8N. Any suggestions on things would be helpful. We are a couple though my wife would be 5 months pregnant so we are avoiding all speedboat/ snorkeling activities. Though we are thinking of going to Krabi in first 2-3 days. Is renting a car good option or shall we take cabs only? As phuket airport to krabi is 2 hour drive and coming back would be 3 hours. For new year we are thinking of staying near Patong. I have points in Accor and few in Wyndham but due to it being new year prices of hotels have shot up. We have booked Andaman Beach Hotel phuket (free cancellation for now) but I am seeing a lot of reviews where a lot of walk is required to reach the rooms. Anyone who has stayed and can give insights would be great. Thanks in advance

Hi I am planning a trip to Phuket at new year for 7D/8N. Any suggestions on things would be helpful. We are a couple though my wife would be 5 months pregnant so we are avoiding all speedboat/ snorkeling activities. Though we are thinking of going to Krabi in first 2-3 days. Is renting a car good option or shall we take cabs only? As phuket airport to krabi is 2 hour drive and coming back would be 3 hours. For new year we are thinking of staying near Patong. I have points in Accor and few in Wyndham but due to it being new year prices of hotels have shot up. We have booked Andaman Beach Hotel phuket (free cancellation for now) but I am seeing a lot of reviews where a lot of walk is required to reach the rooms. Anyone who has stayed and can give insights would be great. Thanks in advance
You could take a flight to Koh Samui if budget permits and spend 2-3 days. Phuket is pretty crowded, not much to do if you will not go for island tours.

First of all congratulations to both of you.

You can do Bangkok(1-2 days) -> Krabi (3 days) -> Phuket (3 days). In case you are getting direct flights to and fro from Phuket, then skip Bangkok altogether. When I did my trip in 2018, we just used Klook for our transfers (very reliable in South east Asia). However, since its 2024 and Thailand is now even more popular with Indians both Phuket and Krabi would be super crowded around new years time. My suggestion would be to go to some remote places like Koh Samui, Koh Lanta or Chaing Mai or Rai.

congrats both of you!..

We went there last year. I would prefer a cab. I have heard incidents where self driven cars become an issue on return. Minor scratches etc can cause big issue. Why take risk on a foreign trip?

First of all congratulations to both of you.

You can do Bangkok(1-2 days) -> Krabi (3 days) -> Phuket (3 days). In case you are getting direct flights to and fro from Phuket, then skip Bangkok altogether. When I did my trip in 2018, we just used Klook for our transfers (very reliable in South east Asia). However, since its 2024 and Thailand is now even more popular with Indians both Phuket and Krabi would be super crowded around new years time. My suggestion would be to go to some remote places like Koh Samui, Koh Lanta or Chaing Mai or Rai.
We have already booked flight directly to/from Phuket. We know it's going to be super crowded but we want to celebrate the new year at Phuket like last trip with only 2 of us. We are planning to be near Patong beach on 31st/1st.

Congratulations!

My friend stayed in Andaman beach hotel and yes walk is required.
I stayed at Homm bliss by Accor in Phuket in March. It is right infront of Patong beach. Just cross the road and you are at Patong beach.

Renting a car is not a problem. I used Grab and Bolt app to book cabs for airport transfers and Phuket to Krabi. From Krabi to Phuket, no app works so I made a deal with the driver with whol I went from Phuket to Krabi. Bolt is bit cheaper.

Ideally, you should find a resort and enjoy your time there.

Back