• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Ping Pong regarding SBI cashback card

sambit87

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have had a SBI simply save credit card. Applied promptly for SBI cashback in early days through SBI sprint. Had multiple calls from SBI regarding verification and even a person came to home to get the docs signed.
But after some time it got declined, this is what it showed on status page after almost 1 month
"We regret to inform you that your SBI Card Application could not be processed since it does not meet our policy. We thank you for your time.

Your Application ID Number is *** "

Started sending mails to
Nodalofficer@sbicard.com
customercare@sbicard.com
CustomerServiceHead@sbicard.com,

Got replies like
We thank you for showing interest in SBI Card, however we regret to inform you that we are unable to issue a credit card to you as the details furnished do not meet the policies set forth for issuance of credit card(s) which are at the absolute & sole discretion of SBI Card.

We thank you for showing interest in SBI Card, however we regret to inform you that we are unable to issue a credit card to you as the details furnished do not meet the policies set forth for issuance of credit card(s) which are at the absolute & sole discretion of SBI Card.
The reason for decline of your application is was purely a business decision, taken in good faith and certainly in no way is indicative of your business worthiness.
However, we hereby inform you that we regret the inconvenience that may have been caused to you, due to non- procurance of the card. We reiterate our aim was never to cause any discomfort to you.

Somehow in the middle Some SBI agent called who had details of my application said he will process sbi cashback but ultimately tried to apply for SBI elite card after pressing him.
I scolded him a lot but he already submitted and sent mail to PNO etc with screenshot of the chat and asked not to process that application , the application number status still shows in progress.

Now the fun part starts. 2 days back someone from SBI called and said calling to verify office and home address for SBI cashback card. I was skeptical but confirmed the details.
Now today morning suddenly received SMS that "welcome to SBI family.... you can start using your new SBI credit card......"

When i logged on to the link , i am amazed to see that it shows picture of SBI CASHBACK credit card and same is showing in SBI credit card app too.

But surprised to see meager limit of 10K on SBI cashback card whereas SBI simply save of mine has 2.5Lakh limit. Please share steps to increase this meager limit otherwise i will have to keep paying dues same days after spending anything on this card.

damn 10k as limit , sbi is smoking shit recently. Best way is to keep escalating things as you did earlier . Since your simply save is 2.5 lakh it can be increased but needs multiple follow ups.

I have had a SBI simply save credit card. Applied promptly for SBI cashback in early days through SBI sprint. Had multiple calls from SBI regarding verification and even a person came to home to get the docs signed.
But after some time it got declined, this is what it showed on status page after almost 1 month
"We regret to inform you that your SBI Card Application could not be processed since it does not meet our policy. We thank you for your time.

Started sending mails to
Nodalofficer@sbicard.com
customercare@sbicard.com

Got replies like

The reason for decline of your application is was purely a business decision, taken in good faith and certainly in no way is indicative of your business worthiness.
However, we hereby inform you that we regret the inconvenience that may have been caused to you, due to non- procurance of the card. We reiterate our aim was never to cause any discomfort to you.

Somehow in the middle Some SBI agent called who had details of my application said he will process sbi cashback but ultimately tried to apply for SBI elite card after pressing him.
I scolded him a lot but he already submitted and sent mail to PNO etc with screenshot of the chat and asked not to process that application , the application number status still shows in progress.

Now the fun part starts. 2 days back someone from SBI called and said calling to verify office and home address for SBI cashback card. I was skeptical but confirmed the details.
Now today morning suddenly received SMS that "welcome to SBI family.... you can start using your new SBI credit card......"

When i logged on to the link , i am amazed to see that it shows picture of SBI CASHBACK credit card and same is showing in SBI credit card app too.

But surprised to see meager limit of 10K on SBI cashback card whereas SBI simply save of mine has 2.5Lakh limit. Please share steps to increase this meager limit otherwise i will have to keep paying dues same days after spending anything on this card.
You are lucky that you got it, even with meagre limit. Just transfer 50K to 100K limit of your simply save to Cashback card to make it usable. Use it for 6-7 months, they'll increase the limit.

Started sending mails to
Nodalofficer@sbicard.com
customercare@sbicard.com

Got replies like

I also got a call yesterday but as I wasn't sure about it so I declined.

contact the customer care and ask to transfer some SimplySave limit to SBI Cashback Card and use it for sometime then they will send you a Limit Enhancement offer.

My application was also declined after tele verification and physical verification .
Received 11 days sms too.

Mailed to nodal officer.

Ready to play some ping pong 😝 !

Back