• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to dubai trip

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hello this month end I am planning to dubai and I want to buy iPhone 15 with my world safari credit card in dubai how to avoid tcs and dcc charges?

Separately, however, the Finance Ministry also made a distinction between credit card transactions when made while abroad, and when made while in India. While credit card transactions made while the user is abroad will not attract TCS, international payments using a credit card made while the user is in India would attract TCS if they cross the Rs. 7 lakh threshold.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am planning Dubai trip in second week of Feb.

It looks like I will be using Klook to book entry tickets to most of the attractions. Is there any other option available which is better than Klook?

Also, do we get charged DCC for using Klook? I have Infinia and Magnus Burgundy which I will be using mostly. However I also have SBI cashback. Does it give 5% on Klook transactions? @anirban.choudhury

sahilgulati5

TF Premier

It looks like I will be using Klook to book entry tickets to most of the attractions. Is there any other option available which is better than Klook?

Also, do we get charged DCC for using Klook? I have Infinia and Magnus Burgundy which I will be using mostly. However I also have SBI cashback. Does it give 5% on Klook transactions? @anirban.choudhury
link ur accor id with klook to earn points

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
link ur accor id with klook to earn points
How to do this since I couldnt find anything on the Accor website to link it. Except a page where we need to purchase on klook, going via that page and the cookies will track the purchases, which is very cumbesome if trying to do via mobile.

moneynerd

TF Buzz

not sure about klook but none of these are 0 forex IMO. go for IDFC wow (its fd backed CC) or federal amplifi (good 0 forex CC after scapia credit limits debacle)

akf

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
On similar topic, if I book some activities for UK in Klook/GetYourGuide/Viator, will that be counted as International spend on Samsung Axis Infinite ?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
On similar topic, if I book some activities for UK in Klook/GetYourGuide/Viator, will that be counted as International spend on Samsung Axis Infinite ?
Yes. You should switch to USD/EUR or other forex before paying (top right). Otherwise, it will be in INR and they will add DCC.

Also, if you goto klook via accor's affiliate link, you will get accor points too.