• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to start a Badminton 🏸 court

arthurmorgan

TF Buzz
Hi TF members, I am in initial stages to plan to setup a recurring revenue stream, that could be also something that I love to do, like playing badminton. Nowadays courts are full and these emerging apps like playo and many others are a toast to the court owners. Hourly charges start from â‚ą400 upwards to â‚ą600 based on the demand.

• If one has the land, has anyone explored options for setting up a fully synthetic or wooden court ?
  • What would be the expense required to set it up ?
  • Does it require any government permissions ?
  • What would be the maintenance costs / year ?

Firstly the place should be decided , then should approach the badminton association of that area and take their approval , and as per the international badminton rules the court should be construed.

These are some basic and starting process

Firstly the place should be decided , then should approach the badminton association of that area and take their approval , and as per the international badminton rules the court should be construed.

These are some basic and starting process
Why approval of badminton association is required? IMO, it should be required for professional players. For recreational players it should not be required.

Why approval of badminton association is required? IMO, it should be required for professional players. For recreational players it should not be required.
You are right, here in TN if we need to get approval, it's going to be costing alot of bribe to get it done, so I'd rather not

You are right, here in TN if we need to get approval, it's going to be costing alot of bribe to get it done, so I'd rather not
It's not about TN. Every state is equally corrupt. Not just the bureaucrats or politicians, almost everyone is just looking to make easy money and looking at self interest only. Corruption is a deeper rot than anyone can imagine.

Normally the players need the minimum requirements to play , if not the players who play on daily basis can’t play at best . And there are mixed players who book their game , so the business flow gets cut down .

Normally the players need the minimum requirements to play , if not the players who play on daily basis can’t play at best . And there are mixed players who book their game , so the business flow gets cut down .
Absolutely. Facility could be world class. It need not have any approval from local association that's my point.

Absolutely. Facility could be world class. It need not have any approval from local association that's my point.
The local association is like local mafia , if permission not opted , then can create ruckus around . That’s my point .

Back