• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pls Advise: My Shortlisted Chosen CC List To Apply / Skip some? And in which Order best done?

insight

TF Ace
Pls Advise: My Shortlisted Chosen CC List To Apply / Skip some? And in which Order best done?

Recent Timeline:
2020:

AXIS World Privilege MC: 40/55k (Apr May 2020) - Might mostly close in coming month as Magnus Covers its perks

2023:
APAY ICICI: 3.4 - Upped to 5Lac by ICICI (Apr/ May 2023)
(Will try to C2C the "5L APAY limit" to bump LE both following cards

AXIS Magnus: 3.4 L (Mid 2023)
(Got via TRV with Axis)

SBI CB: 3.x L (Sep 2023)
(Applied, approved & shipped in 10-15 minutes online app & KYC via DigiLocker [AADHAAR & PAN] )

Update: Also just (Sep 2023) converted to Burgundy (parents were Burgundy). So expecting new Burgundy DC soon.

CIBIL / Credit Rating:
(Score numbers seen via CRED) in last 1-2 months (795 / 780)

Have not yet seen Full CIBIL Report as was unable to log into CIBIL site due to some bug (need to follow up)

***TO TARGET (in given order):***

1) In process
ICICI Platinum LTF via Twitter to side up with APAY without CIBIL Hit
(X DMed them) (To cover Instant Discount Sales exempted on APAY )

Note: I was bed ridden for few years and previously worked in the US, so still getting treatments but slowly coming back to life.

2) Time Bound due to Offer
AMEX FYF via Ref for Sept 2023:

MRCC & Travel Platinum (In which ORDER to apply? or Single Application can do both)

(Caveat that I will likely not hit its spend goals with my medical travels,
But if health recovers after 4-6 months and WORK/ EARNINGS are back on table then I can keep it).

ELSE:

I was wondering if closing them 60-90 days before next years September offer.
And if that might allow me to REAPPLY with BETTER KNOWLEDGE of MY FUTURE (Health & Work).

Cause there's more likelihood of Work & Spend being higher .... in later 2024 rather than End 2023/ early 2024.

Higher probability will be to CLOSE it after 9 months and give a window to reapply in Sept 2024.
How would/ could I play that out with AMEX?

Could this sour equations with AMEX? Might I not risk applying now?

Whats the Worse/ Risk if I dont use it much and close it by or before year end?

3) Sale & Discount Prospects post AMEX:

C2C or Reapply with SBI for SimplyClick or similar for Amazon/ FK Sales.

C2C some of the above for a Core HDFC LTF Card.

4) Last Chapter:
In no chosen order the following (for Sales/ discounts) :

BOB LTF Card (Simple/ Easy ..name cant recall).
SCB DigiSmart for Myntra 20% Off - for some sales months only?
OneCard - Multi site % offers

Last edited:
Congrats on the Burgundy, the current Axis situation is a mess but as the air clears up, you will see a lot of benefits.

APay was a good move back then but as you are growing your portfolio, it's the first card that will start losing its value.

Now that you're aiming for Amex, it's one of the best cards.

If you think you can hit 4L yearly, then go for the Plat Travel.

A. You will get close to 10% returns in rewards - 25K MR points, 10k Taj Voucher.
With the ref link, you save 3.5K first-year fees, a bonus of 2K MR points(FYF) and a deck of limited edition playing cards.

B. If you think your expenses will be low(around 2.5L), then go for the MRCC.
There are some limitations, you'll have to do 4 transactions every month of 1500 and so on to get max rewards so do assign an hour monthly for that.

You can also buy Amazon vouchers using Amex Gyftr, zero additional fees and you will get 5x points with MRCC and 3x with Plat Travel.

BoB and Onecard are good for tiny discounts, 50/100 rs here and there but add your expenses mostly to these big cards to maximize gains of airline and hotel points!

(I hate spamming people with my Amex referral so if this post helped, just react to this and I'll send you a DM with the link)

Congrats on the Burgundy, the current Axis situation is a mess but as the air clears up, you will see a lot of benefits.
That's largely credited to parents/ family, until I can get back to doing some "work"
APay was a good move back then but as you are growing your portfolio, it's the first card that will start losing its value.
AMZN + Prime customer in the US (~decade). AMZN IN proponent when people were Flipkart loyalists.

It was staring me in the face but I was too medically & energetically tapped to into it.

I do not know, but maybe my loyal purchase history with them may have played to my favor with their APAY Limit.

In hindsight I neglected India side of things as I was too busy in the US/ focused on work & other things.

So I could've been sitting on a big "show off" CC portfolio of LTFs by now :D ... Lol! but such is life, and death.

Cause I even had NRE & NRO a/cs with HDFC but never used the DCs or got any CCs via that.

Anyways, Losing value in what way?

A. You will get close to 10% returns in rewards - 25K MR points, 10k Taj Voucher.
With the ref link, you save 3.5K first-year fees, a bonus of 2K MR points(FYF) and a deck of limited edition playing cards.

There are some limitations, you'll have to do 4 transactions every month of 1500 and so on to get max rewards so do assign an hour monthly for that.

You can also buy Amazon vouchers using Amex Gyftr, zero additional fees and you will get 5x points with MRCC and 3x with Plat Travel.
As I said in my post.. very unlikely I will hit spend goals on Amex, in fact its NOT AT ALL A GOAL now.
As my GOALS are right now Medical & Recovery.
And slowly start to fix body, life, "life logistics" (medical travel, clothes, basics, shopping - hence cards & etc)

But if by miracle health allows me to take up advisory projects after few months.. maybe it will.

Again, I think you missed what I wrote.. Higher probability will be to CLOSE it after 9 months and give a window to reapply in Sept 2024.
How would/ could I play that out with AMEX?

Cause there's more likely hood of Work & Spend being higher .... in later 2024 rather than End 2023/ early 2024.

I hope that clarifies? (UPDATED the top POST with a bit more Color and Word Articulation if still unclear)

BoB and Onecard are good for tiny discounts, 50/100 rs here and there but add your expenses mostly to these big cards to maximize gains of airline and hotel points!
I wont be having those kinda card expenses; not on AMEX, not on Magnus (justified via Tata Cliq 10k & maybe extend again via Burgundy),..
I might try to hit spends towards SBI CB to nullify the Fee and discount my "Back to Life BASICS"

I think you missed my context and question completely. Please do a re-read.
(I hate spamming people with my Amex referral so if this post helped, just react to this and I'll send you a DM with the link)

Last edited:

Isn't it 2X on MRCC for gyftr gv purchase?

Back