• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Poll on best efficient Card paltform

Which Card platform is best according to you?

• Mastercard

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Rupay

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Visa

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Diners Club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amex

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
Never looked into this much. But VISA is good.

As a Indian we should support RuPay now to end the monopoly of these western companies and bring down dependencies from west.

As we saw during Ukraine Russia war how these west put sanction on Russia and tried to block all the technology platform.

India must create own inhouse developed tech platforms alternative to these foreign companies.

Reactions: BMR
yes because too much platform fees is paid to them visa and mastercard. Rupay is healthy in terms of privacy, economy and It's our own startup.

I remember the days before Rupay came into limelight, everyone wanted a MasterCard variant of any card (MasterCard Plat over Visa Plat). Now hardly much difference between Visa and MasterCard.

If acceptability is not an issue then Amex is most efficient, if you want widest acceptability then VISA is go to, but my heart goes to Rupay.

Master card unfortunately I don't have any atm, not even debit cards. But it should be similar in performance to VISA.

If acceptability is not an issue then Amex is most efficient, if you want widest acceptability then VISA is go to, but my heart goes to Rupay.

Master card unfortunately I don't have any atm, not even debit cards. But it should be similar in performance to VISA.
Mastercard is good for lower currency conversion charges. But for domestic consumption, Visa is better.

Master Card for better conversion rates on International transactions.

Visa for better offers both domestically and Internationally.

Apart from these, all other platforms have acceptance issues in one way or the other.

To this date, there are still some online portals which do not accept Rupay/Diners. Amex too has acceptance issues, especially at small offline vendors.

Still most banks hesitate to provide Rupay cards. Don't know what's the reason.
Because now a days rupay cards provide better benefits than their counterparts so everyone wants it, like earlier everyone wanted master card but getting master card earlier also was quite rare

Because now a days rupay cards provide better benefits than their counterparts so everyone wants it, like earlier everyone wanted master card but getting master card earlier also was quite rare
But our Govt wasn't promoting and subsidizing MC. Here they're subsidizing Rupay, still banks are hesitant. That's something weird.

VISA is the king no doubt. They just work and plentiful offers.

MasterCard is a little bit behind and I wouldn't use them much except for the random offers they have. There's not much (or anything) that MC offers over VISA.

AMEX is incredible but mostly toward luxury spends and premium partners as they tend to have amazing offers but mostly in that category.

Visa is the Best card we get many offers and accepted everywhere and AMEX is best for lifestyle but acceptance is limited.

Back