• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

sidp

TF Ace
Can s9 work well for online classes including whiteboard ? How pen works ?
S pen is the best one out there. It feels like using a pen on paper because it has a give. (Apple users vouch for pencil 2. But to me it felt weird, like using a pen on glass)

Recommendation depends on price range & usage. For taking classes, casual media consumption, and stable sw experience s6 lite is great. Last bbd price fell to 16K which is unbelievable value. Spen comes free, just attaching to tab recharges it.

For media consumption xiaomi pad 5/6 is great. Xiaomi pen is good but you have to buy that extra at 6k. Processor is much powerful than s6 lite, but xiaomi pen not as good as spen.

I wouldn't recommend s9, at least not right now. Best time to buy samsung tab is pre-order. So either you wait for s10 pre-order or go with xiaomi pad 5/6. S6 lite is good but old so not future proof.

If you are going to type on it, lenovo Duet chromebooks are great. Comes with free keyboard with trackpad. Stylus is supported but you have to buy extra.

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
European brands might be more famous but japan makes best fountain pen. If your friends/family member is going to japan(Even taiwan) you can ask then get one for you.
Traditional Japanese fountain shops have highest variety of ink also. Plus these are much cheaper than imported European products.
Yes - I tried couple of Platinum fountain pens recently (costing 500 to 1000) - they were good and I use one of them regularly - starts around Rs 500 but goes upto lakhs.

Pilot kakuno pens are also good.

sidp

TF Ace
The Lamy is definitely as practical as a fountain pen can get. It is built like a tank. It should survive most falls if it is capped.
Thats why I said it is the safest option. If someone regrets buying a Lamy (like casio) , fountain pen isn't for them.

At least they don't have to spend too much to realize that. 🤣

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Lol. But I do love all of them equally as all 3 of them have their stories. When I was 14 and earned money for the first time I bought that lamy safari. And I have always wanted a Montblanc because my grandfather always had it and he would tell me that when I was old he would give it to me. But it was with him when he got into a crash so I bought a Montblanc as soon as I had 10k of my own money in my bank. The Pelikan is also a cool pen but I guess it doesn’t have a story to it. But I do love it also.
MontBlanc for 10K - where did you buy it from?

Deleted member 30446

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
MontBlanc for 10K - where did you buy it from?
No I didn’t buy the Montblanc for 10k. And I was speaking in dollar amounts because the person I was replying to had also used usd. What I meant is that I bought the Montblanc after I had 10k dollars in my bank and I bought a 1998 used model for about 400 USD.

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
No I didn’t buy the Montblanc for 10k. And I was speaking in dollar amounts because the person I was replying to had also used usd. What I meant is that I bought the Montblanc after I had 10k dollars in my bank and I bought a 1998 used model for about 400 USD.
Understood - this makes sense. thanks for clarifying

yolofino

TF Premier
European brands might be more famous but japan makes best fountain pen. If your friends/family member is going to japan(Even taiwan) you can ask then get one for you.
Traditional Japanese fountain shops have highest variety of ink also. Plus these are much cheaper than imported European products.
Any good ball point and gel pens from Japanese brands?

sidp

TF Ace
Any good ball point and gel pens from Japanese brands?
Uni, pentel, pilot, zebra are most famous ones.
For pen you need to go to store and try it. Pilot is favourite of many. But I don't like it. I find uni much smoother.

If you are interested in drawing or calligraphy or hand written invitation/greetings card check out Sakura & kuretake.

For regular usage Pierre cardin(not japanesr) is my favorite. Metal build& refills are easy to source.

Last edited:

techt

TF Legend
Kids- Post your pen collection
Legends- Post your pan collection (in jail)
French Toast Chef GIF by American Masters on PBS