• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Prepaid Card for Senior Citizens/Alzheimer & Parkinson's Patients

Lightron

TF Buzz
As we all must be aware, most of our senior citizens are not comfortable with PIN numbers, or UPI transactions, and well the ones above 65/67 are not issued cards. This issue also pertains to people suffering from Parkinson's and Alzheimer's as they frequently keep forgetting their pins. Since tap to pay feature is a boon in such cases, the frauds committed have also increased, as such I assume the best way forward is a prepaid card with a limited balance for say daily groceries and medicine shopping. The Ola postpaid card was a boon for me as it helped me in the above scenario, I could easily load the requisite amount and be safe that the money wouldn't be over-utilized or misused by third persons. However, since the Ola money card and slice card, have been discontinued and the fact that the Paytm wallet transit card is yet not being delivered physically everywhere, I had to look at some other options. While one card along with its intuitive app seemed good, the fact that my father's number would be used for commercial calls did not resonate well with me. Based on other reviews and threads, I have shortlisted Omnicard and FampayX. Would like to know if any users of these two wallets have had issues buying groceries and medicines using these cards. i.e. medical stores charge extra for credit cards and despite online pharmacies being cheaper they don't always have all the required medicines. Would like to know the pros and cons.

There are plenty of prepaid cards offering unlimited 1% cashback.

Afaik, HDFC credit cards can also be an option, once you set a limit.

Any transaction of the day or cumulative of transactions of that day won't go above that limit.

So for example, if you give him your HDFC card as add on with 5k limit on contactless, he can't spend more than 5k cumulatively until you increase the limit from net banking.

Other banks also might be offering same feature.

Anyway, see what suits you the best.

Back