• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Prepaid card options

shivkumar

TF Select
I read about prepaid card recently.. Please share info on what options of prepaid card is available currently..

Card must be either rupay/visa/Mastercard/Amex & physical card which works in POS machines.. I want to get one for general house staff use..

I am using PEPPER MONEY Rupay DREAM CARD - a PRE-LOAD card.

Not linked to any Bank account.

Load whatever money you want, thru credit/debit/wallet/net banking/UPI... and start using - online or offline. Physical card is also issued. Free for life. Get cashback n reward points on all spends n loads.

I am happy with it. Used it 5 times sofar.

You can use any card as a prepaid card.

Depending on the spends, you can simply get an add-on card on your name and set X limits on it.
This way, you will earn rewards for your purchases, have dispute protection and even the option to increase/decrease/block whenever you feel like.

You can use any card as a prepaid card.

Depending on the spends, you can simply get an add-on card on your name and set X limits on it.
This way, you will earn rewards for your purchases, have dispute protection and even the option to increase/decrease/block whenever you feel like.
But, such add-on cards are linked to a bank account. OTP generation n approvals....are dependent on them.

Pure PRE-LOAD or pre-paid cards - ideally must be devoid of bank linkages.

But, such add-on cards are linked to a bank account. OTP generation n approvals....are dependent on them.

Pure PRE-LOAD or pre-paid cards - ideally must be devoid of bank linkages.
Interesting, totally missed that part. These will definitely work better then, might not offer great rewards but obviously safety is more important in such cases and since it's being offered to domestic help, the spends won't be crazy high so it should be okay.

Contact less (NFC) payments - on Rupay platform - is one big advantage. For small payments. And, at neighborhood small shops.

Even if you (or your servant) loses it, you can still control/block the card thru the App. No risk to your existing credit cards (unlike add-on cards).

The biggest advantage is - it is easy to get it, easy to activate it n easy to use it. With risk-free features.

Try it.

Moreover,

NO CIBIL HIT till now for that card - 2 months old and in regular use.

Remember, now-a-days, banks have started resorting to CIBIL Hits even while issuing add-on cards. Strange, but true n trending.

Back