• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Primus Lounge Guwahati Airport Review

The LGBI Guwahati airport which uses a single terminal for both its international and domestic traffic finally has a functional airport lounge. The Primus Lounge is situated at the ground floor SHA area of the terminal, near gate number 2 but is it worth using your lounge access here especially if you have a limited number to use per quarter? Let's check it out in this quick review!

Check-In​

The check-in was quick since there was no queue. Though a list was already on display for the eligible cards still I asked the person at the counter for commonly eligible cards to avoid wasting time trying from various options which I had but he wasn't well versed with specific cards. So I first tried my Indusind Exclusive World Mastercard Debit Card but it didn't work and then finally HDFC Visa Platinum worked there.

Here's the list of accepted partner networks but it's not necessary that all cards on these networks will work since these banks have tie-ups for individual card variants depending upon their category.

IMG_20220608_175007-1_edited-1024x953.jpg

Primus Lounge - Eligible Cards

As per reviews available online of this lounge, many people have complained that the staff is asking for Priority Pass for access and is not eager to serve people having other credit and debit cards. But I didn't face any such issue there.

Ambience​

The ambience of the Primus Lounge was very basic with a seating capacity of just about 25 persons. When I went there it was almost full and I had to wait a bit to grab a seat. So nothing spectacular about the seating here since it gets more congested than the waiting area of the terminal when it gets full.

Screenshot_20220614-201651__01-1-1024x552.jpg

Primus Lounge - Seating Area

All in all, it is a lounge for just namesake and better facilities are required in this terminal since the passenger footfall has increased many folds for Guwahati airport.

Food​

The food menu was very restricted and the quality of food was also very poor. In non-veg, they were offering only egg curry for which they are charging 499+GST if you are taking the paid access!! The menu was so poor that even IRCTC is providing better food options than this in their railway lounges. I recently reviewed the railway lounge at New Delhi Railway Station and you can compare the services being offered.

IMG_20220608_174933-1-2-1024x768.jpg

Buffet Section

I tried their veg North Indian options but was very disappointed by the lack of taste as the dal was just loaded with hot spices.

IMG_20220608_174939-1-1-768x1024.jpg

Drinks Section

The drinks section is self-explanatory and other than this they were offering hot beverages like tea and coffee.

I would recommend you avail of this lounge only if you have too many complimentary access on your cards and don't plan to avail it anywhere else. Paid access to this lounge is a strict no-no since the menu options are quite limited and for the amount, they are charging you have plenty of other options on the terminal where you can do justice to your money.

Have you ever visited this lounge? Do share your experience in the comments below.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
TFS has taken over the lounge at Guwahati airport (next to security check). I visited it last month. Looks much better now. Food options and overall quality improved as well.

Last edited:
Prior to lockdown, for about 2 1/2 yrs, I used to take a flight from LGBI every Friday. seen both the old terminal (with 6 gates) and the expanded new terminal. traveled again once last yr. it is the primary gateway out of NE and used to often get like a railway station. it was even difficult to get a chair to sit.