• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Problem with logging in infinity.icicibank.com on a computer

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Recently I am facing some issue with logging into the infinity.icicibank.com website using user-id and password. I have password manager installed and earlier it used to work just fine. These days the website is blocking any kind of paste activity in the password section. No right click allowed, no ctrl-v yields anything and same goes for password managers. Have tried on various browsers on windows 7/10/11, with or without some adblocker and results are the same, have to type out the password manually. This behavior also replicates on ipad which uses mac browser agent. This works perfectly fine on mobile browsers for some reason though.

This is really problematic as it encourages users to use passwords which are easier to type, which could lead to them choosing an easy to crack password. Plus the problem of having a keylogger that might log your keypresses is suddenly a valid threat again.

It used to work just fine till mid june. I noticed this when I tried to set limits and pin for Sapphiro cards around 20th july. At that time I thought it might be some problem, will check it out later. I have been trying to test this since last two days and at this point it seems like this is an issue with the website and not on the user end.

Recently I am facing some issue with logging into the infinity.icicibank.com website using user-id and password. I have password manager installed and earlier it used to work just fine. These days the website is blocking any kind of paste activity in the password section. No right click allowed, no ctrl-v yields anything and same goes for password managers. Have tried on various browsers on windows 7/10/11, with or without some adblocker and results are the same, have to type out the password manually. This behavior also replicates on ipad which uses mac browser agent. This works perfectly fine on mobile browsers for some reason though.

This is really problematic as it encourages users to use passwords which are easier to type, which could lead to them choosing an easy to crack password. Plus the problem of having a keylogger that might log your keypresses is suddenly a valid threat again.

It used to work just fine till mid june. I noticed this when I tried to set limits and pin for Sapphiro cards around 20th july. At that time I thought it might be some problem, will check it out later. I have been trying to test this since last two days and at this point it seems like this is an issue with the website and not on the user end.
I tried to login and it did not work. It keeps refreshing the page if I try to autofill the password with Bitwarden.
Looks like another move by Indian banks to improve India's ranking in the Ease of Sacmming index

Back