• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PSU bank screwed my CIBIL with wrong annual income reporting

vajra

TF Buzz
Recently my AMEX, SBI and HSBC application were rejected due to infamous "internal policy" reason, after filing a complaint to RBI ombudsman it turns out that I was overleveraged even though my existing credit mix <4 Lakh so I checked my CIBIL profile and it turns out Indian Bank has reported my annual income as 80,000( which is my monthly income) which actually should have been 9,60,000 P.A., after deliberating for a while with Indian Bank I'm at a dead end as I have already closed my IB credit card in March 2024 and they are no longer interested in resolving this issue.

What are the possible remedies to this ordeal ie, how can I correct my reported annual income status in CIBIL as IB isn't really cooperating even though I have filed a complaint to RBI but it seems their "lunch time" isn't over yet.

CIBIL- 789 (constant for past 5 months)

Credit age- 2 years and 6 months

Credit utilisation- <1%( always been in this range)

No late payments and would normally foreclose my personal loans within 6 months

Last edited:
Recently my AMEX, SBI and HSBC application were rejected due to infamous "internal policy" reason, after filing a complaint to RBI ombudsman it turns out that I was overleveraged even though my existing credit mix <4 Lakh so I checked my CIBIL profile and it turns out Indian Bank has reported my annual income as 80,000( which is my monthly income) which actually should have been 9,60,000 P.A., after deliberating for a while with Indian Bank I'm at a dead end as I have already closed my IB credit card in March 2024 and they are no longer interested in resolving this issue.

What are the possible remedies to this ordeal ie, how can I correct my reported annual income status in CIBIL as IB isn't really cooperating even though I have filed a complaint to RBI but it seems their "lunch time" isn't over yet.
You can get a secured card with BoB or Indus , they update the income in CIBIL very early in comparison to other issuers.

PNB is known for reporting exact annual income from submitted itr. I don't trust indus. Indus does report income but it's very huge and random figure they report.
So try to get PNB CC.

PNB is known for reporting exact annual income from submitted itr. I don't trust indus. Indus does report income but it's very huge and random figure they report.
So try to get PNB CC.
I'm unable to apply for PNB credit card even though I have a bank account with PNB because in 2022 I applied for PNB cc which was in principle approved but my Vkyc was unsuccessful and ever since then I'm stuck and they haven't done anything significant I even visited PNB bank branch but to no avail

A lame bank reported my income as 25 crore but still SBI finds me over leveraged 🤷

Back