• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

22sumit

TF Select
So I ordered a phone from Amazon on EMI and got Rs 750 extra discount on same for using a 6 months emi service.
Since the EMI was done via merchant portal so I don't have option of cancelling it (as per cc) and only pre-closure is allowed.
I got additional nominal charges as below:

-Loan O/s: 15994.36
- 3% Pre-Closure Charges: Rs. 0

- Pro-rata Interest Rs. 42.65
- GST: 7.68
Total Loan amount to pay: Rs. 16044.69

The cc executive asked to pay this amount within 24-48 hrs after pre-closure.

As some of the members are already expert and have gone through this earlier, it would be really helpful if someone can address my doubts.
1. Will they be charging processing fees of Rs 199+gst on top of it later?
2. I already have an outstanding amt since my last bill was generated, so will paying Rs. 16044.69 will get adjusted towards the already generated bill amount or this emi. How will the system distinguish this?
3. Any other tips to avoid any extra charges.

Last edited:

sam4

TF Buzz
If I do HDFC emi transaction on last day of billing cycle what is the procedure of preclosure/cancellation of EMI? Is there any extra charges if preclose after statement generation? EMI conversion will be done mostly on 3rd or 4th day which will be in new billing cycle, So if any interest penalty applicable or not if closed immediately after emi conversion?