• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query reg digital Bank Acct/Wallet for 15+ minor with UPI/virtual rupay card

My daughter is 15+. Her aadhaar bio-metrics has been recently updated as required for 15+ persons. She wants to to have a digital acct/wallet with UPI facility that she can operate on her own for small payments (<200/txn). If digital rupay is also available in that, it would be better, but not essential. I tried to search online but could not get any option as such, although found somewhere that as per RBI persons above 15 are eligible to use UPI. NSDL JIffy clearly indicates customer has to be 18+. Some toehr options also indicate the same.
Ia there any such option for minor to use UPI in their own name?

Hey, try fampay made for kids only.

Also, banks like BOB & others offer UPI features on minor accounts.

Few banks doesn't offer UPI for minors like central bank of india.

Also to add, for her you can get Paytm Wallet KYCed too (currently Paytm is banned for acquiring new customers, so you can't do KYC) for minors, agent will do KYC of her account & link your Paytm full KYC account then both accounts will be operative.

Ask if any query 😊.

And share this knowledge to others too.

Last edited:
Reg paytm, got this in their FAQ.

Q. Who is eligible for KYC?
A. As per our current process, all Indian citizens, Indian residents and Tax residents of India and of no other country who are above 18 years of age are eligible for KYC. We will be enabling KYC for minors and foreign residents soon.
Q. Can KYC be done for minors/people less than 18 years in age?
A.
Currently we don’t have support for this. We will be enabling KYC for minors soon.

Reg paytm, got this in their FAQ.

Q. Who is eligible for KYC?
A. As per our current process, all Indian citizens, Indian residents and Tax residents of India and of no other country who are above 18 years of age are eligible for KYC. We will be enabling KYC for minors and foreign residents soon.
Q. Can KYC be done for minors/people less than 18 years in age?
A.
Currently we don’t have support for this. We will be enabling KYC for minors soon.
Are, they don't have direct option to do KYC but agents can do & will link your Paytm profile.

That's how KYC happened for minors few years ago.

Don't know about current situation, but they're not accepting any new customers right now.

My daughter is 15+. Her aadhaar bio-metrics has been recently updated as required for 15+ persons. She wants to to have a digital acct/wallet with UPI facility that she can operate on her own for small payments (<200/txn). If digital rupay is also available in that, it would be better, but not essential. I tried to search online but could not get any option as such, although found somewhere that as per RBI persons above 15 are eligible to use UPI. NSDL JIffy clearly indicates customer has to be 18+. Some toehr options also indicate the same.
Ia there any such option for minor to use UPI in their own name?
SBI is best. They give me regular savings account in my own name (Teenager) provided me debit card,cheq book,passbook all things. Also he filled form for me next day he called me to collect the passbook very next day he applied for debit card after a week I got the kits.. I will suggest as a teenager to have a account in physical banks try to avoid these Neo banks until they are fully regulated by RBI itself.

If you ask me for private bank I say go with Bandhan Bank they will open but it's required 2K intial funding they do everything at your doorstep (Account openings) they will give a welcome kit Debit card,cheq, passbook,UPI as well.

All these are zero balance account and doesn't required any MAB

Back