• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Axis Indian Oil card 5% cashback on petrol pum swipe machine versus scanning qr code at pump

CardTox

TF Premier
I have Axis Indian Oil cc, as this card gives 5% cashback/5x reward points for petrol. My query is that, if we don't swipe on petrol pump swipe machine and pay via scanning qr code of the petrol pump, will it give use same 5% cb/rp by this method? Is there any difference between swiping and scanning qr code by this rupay cc in respect to cashback?

Actually i was thinking that when we buy 100 rupee petrol by swiping our card, we are levied 1% surcharge, but when are scanning qr code at petrol pump, we don't have to pay any surcharge on this fuel. So here if we are getting 5% cb through qr code also, its always win win situation as we won't have to pay any kind of surcharge!

Issue is, many times QR code scan and pay fails with many credit cards on petrol pumps (best example: Tata Neu Rupay) and then the only option is tap and pay or swipt. It might be working with Indian Oil Axis Rupay.

Actually i was thinking that when we buy 100 rupee petrol by swiping our card, we are levied 1% surcharge, but when are scanning qr code at petrol pump, we don't have to pay any surcharge on this fuel. So here if we are getting 5% cb through qr code also, its always win win situation as we won't have to pay any kind of surcharge!
even if u swipe / tap ur card, the 1% surchage will be waived off, like u ll receive it back

not for a long time
mdr on rupay cc via upi is being implemented

even if u swipe / tap ur card, the 1% surchage will be waived off, like u ll receive it back
Yes it will be reversed if its in between specified spent range. For instance most of the banks will wave off the sur charge if the fuel spent is between 400 to 2,000. But remember, only 1% sur charge is reversed not the 18% GST on that sur charge!

I too use qr code to pay through Gpay using my Axis IOCL card.
That way no surcharges. Its quick and easy.
I additionally also claim the Xtrareward points from IOCL. If you have 2 accounts in IOCL xtrarewards, attach one to the gpay account (you'll get the IOCL xtrarewardpoints directly credited to your IOCL membership) and ask the pump staff to manually give the points to the other number. Double benefit :)

Back