• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding PPF Account transfer from ICICI Bank to HDFC Bank

We have PPF accounts in ICICI Bank. It was opened online when ICICI launched this facility many years ago. We don't want to use ICICI account further, so we decided to transfer both PPF accounts to HDFC Bank. If I go to branch I even can't imagine how they will behave. It will increase BP and cause to complain against them.

Here I want to know that if I send application by post to ICICI head branch (Mumbai) where PPF account is held, will they accept my application and help me to transfer?

If you have any experience or knowledge about this, kindly share

I did the same but in a reverse fashion. It takes a few visits, but it is not that difficult. It was a few years back, but it is just regular red tape.
I did have to give the HDFC bank manager a piece of my mind to initiate the transfer.

I think I must submit a written application to any branch and raise a complaint online to transfer the account. Once application submitted, if branch can not do anything customer service will help to transfer. They will put pressure to branch.

Back