• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query with regards to emi on hdfc tata neu credit card

the_collector

TF Premier
Hey guys,

So I made a flight booking of Rs. 32,594 on Makemytrip. This was a 3 months no cost emi.

Now generally in the case of no cost emi, the emi amount is given as a upfront discount althought with this transaction It said it will be reversed as cashback in 21 days to the card account.

The cashback amount : 818

Total transaction amount : 32,594

Now, on my first statement I was charged :
Principal amount : 10,460.70
Interest : 519.42

Now I reached out to hdfc to clarify this and they tell me that they have applied the cashback of 818 and reduced the total amount to 31,776

But this doesn't add up and I am paying more overall.

Can someone help clarify if hdfc is right here?

I am attaching:

1. Email from hdfc ( their explanation)
2. Current monthly emi installment

While the amount may not be significant, I want to make sure I'm not being duped by hdfc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240618_221755_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_221755_Chrome.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20240618_221648_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20240618_221648_Email.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 22
Hey guys,

So I made a flight booking of Rs. 32,594 on Makemytrip. This was a 3 months no cost emi.

Now generally in the case of no cost emi, the emi amount is given as a upfront discount althought with this transaction It said it will be reversed as cashback in 21 days to the card account.

Now I reached out to hdfc to clarify this and they tell me that they have applied the cashback of 818 and reduced the total amount to 31,776

I am attaching:

While the amount may not be significant, I want to make sure I'm not being duped by hdfc.
DId you have MMT booking SS ? If so share here..

Hey guys,

I am attaching:

You forgot to reduce
Emi conversation fees I guess

Back