• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Question about Credit Card Non Usage

Dear All,

I hold a few credit cards and have few currently EMI on those,However currently for past 1 month. I am not using them for any usage so i wanted to know whether EMI on the card is counted as usage or will they close my card ,If i do not use them for 6 months or so ?Thank you

It takes 12 months to calculate non usage, and if your card is not used then you won't receive statement on those months.

Moreover, anycase before closing card, bank will inform you and at that time transact 1 rs. and extend another year.

Dear All,

I hold a few credit cards and have few currently EMI on those,However currently for past 1 month. I am not using them for any usage so i wanted to know whether EMI on the card is counted as usage or will they close my card ,If i do not use them for 6 months or so ?Thank you
Non usage means no transaction for one year. EMIs or any other payments are not considered as transactions. A transaction on your CC is when you make a payment with the same. But don't worry they won't close your card as long as you owe bank money. Best way to keep CC active is to buy a Rs. 10 Amazon GV once a year :D

Back