• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Question regarding Cash Backs & Advance Payment of CC Bill on Magnus!

James2307mr

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I understand that if I get any refunds on my magnus credit card, the regular ER points are deducted and the transactions aren't considered for monthly or annual milestones.

Now I want to understand what happens when I receive:
1. Cash Back Rewards : Websites like Agoda provide a cash back for your confirmed stays after 3-4 months on any card of your choice. If I choose Magnus for this, how will this transaction be considered. Will regular ER points be deducted and the amount subtracted from monthly or annual milestone?
2. Advance Payment of CC Bill : To maximize my ER points, I am planning to pay my credit card bill in advance so that my utilisation reported at bureaus isn't high. Now I want to be sure that if I transact 2.5 Lacs for a month on my card and make an advance payment of 2 Lacs before my bill is generated, will I be still eligible for the monthly milestone and 2.5 Lacs will be considered for annual milestone? Right?

Just want to be sure about everything and then process.

For the first point I am not sure but I think edge rewards will be deducted amount will not be deducted from your monthly milestone. I might be completely wrong on this one though.

For the second point I am sure, it doesn't matter when you pay the bill as the monthly milestone is calculated on the basis of your spends and not your payments or bills.

I understand that if I get any refunds on my magnus credit card, the regular ER points are deducted and the transactions aren't considered for monthly or annual milestones.

Now I want to understand what happens when I receive:
1. Cash Back Rewards : Websites like Agoda provide a cash back for your confirmed stays after 3-4 months on any card of your choice. If I choose Magnus for this, how will this transaction be considered. Will regular ER points be deducted and the amount subtracted from monthly or annual milestone?
2. Advance Payment of CC Bill : To maximize my ER points, I am planning to pay my credit card bill in advance so that my utilisation reported at bureaus isn't high. Now I want to be sure that if I transact 2.5 Lacs for a month on my card and make an advance payment of 2 Lacs before my bill is generated, will I be still eligible for the monthly milestone and 2.5 Lacs will be considered for annual milestone? Right?

Just want to be sure about everything and then process.
1. As long as the Dr amount and cr amount not matched with same mcc, the system won’t reverse ur rewards
2. Hope u r not expecting 50k edge rewards for 2lakh spend
Spend and pay u can do n no of times within a billing cycle

Last edited:
Back