• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Questions on Home/Office Address Proofs

ravisingh

TF Buzz
Hey folks,
I've got a bit of a credit card application dilemma and need some quick advice.
I'm living and working in Mumbai, but my permanent address is back in Bhubaneshwar. Problem is, I don't have any address proofs for my Mumbai place. On top of that, I work for a startup in a shared workspace, and most banks don't recognize it, leading to rejections, I guess because they can't verify our office address (no inside access allowed).
Two burning questions:
  1. Does it matter if my correspondence address is different from my office address? I've used my Mumbai address for correspondence and Bhubaneshwar for permanent. Is this a deal-breaker?
  2. How do fellow startup warriors get their office addresses verified? Any hacks or tips for getting past this hurdle?

Hey folks,
I've got a bit of a credit card application dilemma and need some quick advice.
I'm living and working in Mumbai, but my permanent address is back in Bhubaneshwar. Problem is, I don't have any address proofs for my Mumbai place. On top of that, I work for a startup in a shared workspace, and most banks don't recognize it, leading to rejections, I guess because they can't verify our office address (no inside access allowed).
Two burning questions:
  1. Does it matter if my correspondence address is different from my office address? I've used my Mumbai address for correspondence and Bhubaneshwar for permanent. Is this a deal-breaker?
  2. How do fellow startup warriors get their office addresses verified? Any hacks or tips for getting past this hurdle?
For point 1, it matters for only specific banks at the time of application and for some banks after it as well Ex - Amex, IndusInd high end cards. For most banks, it does not matter. It is not a deal breaker.

If you are in need of address proof, get a Jio fiber connection. They will install basis Aadhar even if address is out of city. When you get its bill, you can use it update the Aadhaar address.

For point 1, it matters for only specific banks at the time of application and for some banks after it as well Ex - Amex, IndusInd high end cards. For most banks, it does not matter. It is not a deal breaker.

If you are in need of address proof, get a Jio fiber connection. They will install basis Aadhar even if address is out of city. When you get its bill, you can use it update the Aadhaar address.
Thanks. Would ACT fibernet invoice work?

Thanks. Would ACT fibernet invoice work?
So you wish to update address on aadhar for credit card application ?

All private banks like Hdfc, Indus, idfc, kotak, axis, Rbl ......... will update the communication address without any adddres proof, just aadhar + otp (online, but sometimss wont work) / biometric (offline, 100% will be worked) authentication enough.*

You are Mumbai, I hope you will apply offline, you can attach bank statement as address proof even broadband invoice.

If jio fiber invoice accepted then act fibernet invoice will also be accepted. But I don't think invoice will exact street and door/flat number.

How do fellow startup warriors get their office addresses verified? Any hacks or tips for getting past this hurdle?
Actually, banks as of now not interested to verify startups and thier address.

Because they were several scams.

How can a shared workspace can be verified as office address?

If it works in this cyclic logic, it is a big loophole in the Aadhaar setup, -- it makes it possible to get any address at all on the Aadhaar, and then use that as an address proof!

I've seen similar things though. SBI wouldn't accept letter from a Panchayat Pradhan as an address proof (presumably because it is so easy to get such a letter for a fake address proof). But Aadhaar accepts that! So the Aadhaar address can be updated using such a letter. Then SBI would happily use that Aadhaar as address proof!

Defies logic!

I
If it works in this cyclic logic, it is a big loophole in the Aadhaar setup, -- it makes it possible to get any address at all on the Aadhaar, and then use that as an address proof!

I've seen similar things though. SBI wouldn't accept letter from a Panchayat Pradhan as an address proof (presumably because it is so easy to get such a letter for a fake address proof). But Aadhaar accepts that! So the Aadhaar address can be updated using such a letter. Then SBI would happily use that Aadhaar as address proof!

Defies logic!
It is working as intended. Why should having address proof be a difficult task? Aadhaar is a proof of identity and not citizenship. Jio will update the address of the location where the broadband is installed. That serves as a check that the person lives there.

Even banks take any address for the first time if applying for credit card or bank account as communication address.

Any system can be abused but that does not mean to make it difficult for 99% of the population who intend to use it for a lawful purpose.

If jio fiber invoice accepted then act fibernet invoice will also be accepted. But I don't think invoice will exact street and door/flat number.
Invoice will have address that one has provided to the Jio agent. Even if the spelling does not exactly match, you can dictate to the Aadhaar office on the correct spelling you want as your address. I have done so.

Rather being in that queue, I could just updated at the bank end by going branch, private banks are not asking for any address proofs nowadays*
Dont have to stand in a queue as my nearby Aadhaar office is mostly empty.

Back