• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI BO compensation for Expenses incurred and mental agony.

U V

TF Buzz
A bank put my account on freeze for inactivity and took 10+ days and 5 visits (total about 200 kilometers) to remove freeze and make account operational. I am disappointed with the service and what kind of compensation can I demand thru Banking Ombudsman?

Is it standard chartered Bank? Hopefully if you have the proofs about such delays and incompetence, we can submit to the BO

A bank put my account on freeze for inactivity and took 10+ days and 5 visits (total about 200 kilometers) to remove freeze and make account operational. I am disappointed with the service and what kind of compensation can I demand thru Banking Ombudsman?
☹️ which bank ?

Only if u can explain whole scenario of why it happened. What u were doing lead to this freeze .
Amount in freeze
Their dispute
Any harsh words from branch
Were u too anxious or they were giving false promises..
So much to consider

Only if u can explain whole scenario of why it happened. What u were doing lead to this freeze .
Amount in freeze
Their dispute
Any harsh words from branch
Were u too anxious or they were giving false promises..
So much to consider
Does it really need 5 visits to branch to unfreeze an account while banks are opening accounts in just a day?

Does it really need 5 visits to branch to unfreeze an account while banks are opening accounts in just a day?
Incompetence
Staff not trained
Stuck in process
Might need higher authority permission like BM .maybe took time

Plus we never heard about it .
Else debit freeze stuck resolves in few days .
But your bank doesn't have good twitter/ X resolution team else customer care is enough for most case

Back